PLEASE HELP!!!

G

Well my computer was running fine for a few months then, a few days ago while I was playing a game, the computer crashed and gave me a bluescreen error I didn't think to right it down then because I thought it was nothing. So I reset my comp and windows was in 640x480 res and 16bit color (normally 1048x860 32 bit color) and it claimed to have found new hardware which was called "Award plug and play bios (fail safe). I then reformated , after that I tried to reinstal Windows. When I tried that it either gave me some SUWIN error or didn't even start to install. After a few days I finnally installed windows with no problem it was running fine for maybe 1 day and then it crashed again same blue screen same SUWIN errors when I tried to reinstall Windows . Then I got windows installed on it again then this time the comp crashed again but I have the error from the bluescreen it is...

Execption 0E has occured at 0028:C14A8540 in VxD CDVSD(01) + 00001260. This was called from 0028:C1825BB0 in VxD CDFS(03) + 000085C0. It may be possible to continue normally

Then after that bluescreen I got another.....

A Fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:C0042494 in VxD VFAT(01) 000016E0. The current application will be terminated.

It then restarted the computer and everytime after the windows splashscreen I get a Windows protection error.
Now I don't know what to do now I'm sick of formation and getting the same error over and over again.
Does anybody out there know what this error is and what caused it and how to fix it? PLEASE HELP!!!

jollygrinch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
my first guess is a hardware incompatability or hardware/driver issue....could you give us your hardware specs?

---Cold pizza, cold coffee, and the THG forum...oh the heartburn.---

Schmide

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2001
Try resetting your BIOS. There's a jumper on your motherboard that resets your BIOS settings. Yesterday was over clocking and boom, Window Protection Error. Even though the setting displayed in the BIOS were correct, the system just wouldn’t work. Set the jumper, unset the jumper, and I’m back and yes I’m not afraid to over clock again.

Just a few idears

Schmide

G

My Specs are
1.4 gig AMD
256 DDR Ram
ASUS A7M266 MB
Voodoo 5
20 gig harddrive

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm
your video card behaving itself?

when it gave you the "award plug and play bios (fail safe)" message did you find out exactly where that originated?
i.e. if it WAS a bois problem or a device?

Quote from the Hamster: "Why is it that Morons are just smart enough to understand how to breed?"