Sign in with
Your question

Stuck on monitor choice

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 10, 2013 10:45:37 AM

Let me preface this by saying I don't really play FPS on the PC. I primarily play MMORPGs, and I recently built a new computer to play FFXIV 2.0. That said, I need a new monitor. I'm having a hard time picking at this point. I want to stay at or below $200. I have a few options (understatement), but I have it narrowed down to a few I like.

BenQ

Asus

Asus 2

LG

Dell This can be had for $179 refurbished.

Having a hard time figuring out which one... again, budget $200, and the BenQ is pushing it, but if it's superior to the others, I'll take it on. Do you have one of these monitors? Have you seen them in person? Which is better? Do you have another suggestion? Thanks for your help. I know TN style screens are the best for FPS, but I would assume that IPS would be the best for MMORPGs, unless doing some hardcore PVP.... anyway. Thanks for your opinions.

More about : stuck monitor choice

February 11, 2013 1:33:06 AM

I think I've decided on the U2312HM. Going to head to microcenter to check out the U2412M this week, as it's the 2312's big brother (microcenter doesn't carry the 2312). If I like it, I'm pulling the trigger this week. Anyone have the 2312? Your opinion?
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:43:38 AM

That's the monitor i'm currently looking at as well. I have a 50$ amazon gift card, so I was going to buy it from one of the 2 "fulfillment by amazon" merchants. 254$ with shipping
m
l
a b C Monitor
February 11, 2013 2:20:00 AM

Personally, I'd be going for the BenQ... But then again, I'd be going for the 120Hz panel, since I game competitively a lot. I can tell you that BenQ and Samsung are top of the line when it comes to build quality. They're equal with Asus in that respect, but have better mounts, and in BenQ's case, often come with features that aren't just gimmicks. (I actually really like their black equalization when I'm gaming - it gives a HUGE advantage.)
m
l
!