USB Headset sound manager driver problem

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I got the Cyborg F.R.E.Q. 5 USB headset for my computer and I can't seem to get it working. My computer uses the Realtek HD audio manager which seems like a piece of *** to me. I plug in the mic and my computer makes the noise of a USB item connecting but nothing happens. I cannot get the headset to play audio out of it or use the microphone.

I downloaded the software: Cyborg_5.1_win7_Drivers.exe

I open it up and nothing happens. So I found the program download in my downloads and ran it again. "Do you want to replace the already existing files?" Yes. So the files are clearly on the computer.

I have done it several times yes, replaced the files, no not replaced them.

I go into the folder where the files are and click "Setup" since it doesn't pop up for some strange reason and it says:
"Windows cannot find 'C:\yadayadayada'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again.

Wtf?

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Then I went to another "Setup" option in the software files and it says "Please plug-in USB Multi-Channel Audio Device device (sic)"

But it is already plugged in. Yes, I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in and yes I tried restarting the computer a few times.

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Downloaded both files from: http://www.cyborggaming.com/download.htm

the "Latest Driver" download and the "Latest Software" download. Re ran those "this program already exists, do you want to replace it?", yes then it says "Plug in the device". I do and it doesn't detect it. Says something like "no controllers found" or some crap. In the download folder, there is a sub folder that says "WIN7" so I click that, click setup and it won't work, saying "Please plug in USB multi channel Audio device device!(sic)".

I have to right click the program at the tool bar so I can close it out and it says "Vista Driver Installer" even though I ran the "WIN7" setup folder one.

Buddhazilla

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
I'm having this problem as well; I'd really like to be able to use this headset that I bought, but the drivers won't install because my computer apparently won't detect the external unit that came with it.
I don't think the drivers were even installed to begin with.