roe trophy CIC score

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

I've got it in a book somewhere, but can't lay my hands on it. Can someone
tell me what corrective weight addition/subtraction you make for a short
nose and long nose cut roe trophy when measuring for CIC scoring?
take the dog out to reply direct to me

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

The message <kO4vc.9752$NK4.1320718@stones.force9.net>
from "Michael Roberts" <mail@dogcountrysports.co.uk> contains these words:

> I've got it in a book somewhere, but can't lay my hands on it. Can someone
> tell me what corrective weight addition/subtraction you make for a short
> nose and long nose cut roe trophy when measuring for CIC scoring?

' Weight: In grammes, of the antlers and skull cut through the eye
sockets. If whole skull minus the lower jaw is retained, 90 grammes is
deducted. Other cuts 'pro rata'. Divide the net weight by 10 to get
points scored.'

I can post the complete CIC formulae if required.

--
Kim Sawyer
Sutherland

"Kim Sawyer" <ksawyer@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> The message <kO4vc.9752$NK4.1320718@stones.force9.net>
> from "Michael Roberts" <mail@dogcountrysports.co.uk> contains these words:
>
> > I've got it in a book somewhere, but can't lay my hands on it. Can
someone
> > tell me what corrective weight addition/subtraction you make for a
short
> > nose and long nose cut roe trophy when measuring for CIC scoring?
>
> ' Weight: In grammes, of the antlers and skull cut through the eye
> sockets. If whole skull minus the lower jaw is retained, 90 grammes is
> deducted. Other cuts 'pro rata'. Divide the net weight by 10 to get
> points scored.'
>
> I can post the complete CIC formulae if required.
> Kim Sawyer

Thanks Kim, but I don't need the formula. "Weight: In grammes, of the
antlers and skull cut through the eye
> sockets." sounds like a short nose cut. I had always thought that the
measurements were standardised to the long nose cut, but the way this is
written, the measurements are standardised to a short nose cut. Anyone
confirm this?