Network that Comes and Goes...

Last response: in Networking
Share
November 22, 2004 10:45:03 PM

This is a tough one, but any ideas would be welcome.... I have a cable modem
feeding into a Dell wireless router on the 3rd floor, an XP desktop in the
same room that's hardwired into it, an XP laptop on the wireless network, and
a Win95 desktop in the basement hardwired to a Linksys switch, also in the
basement, that's hardwired into the router. The 3rd floor desktop runs at
100 MBps, the laptop is at 11 MBps, and the basement desktop is at 10 MBps.
Everything works fine until about 5 pm when I lose the basement connection.
Why is this happening?

JP

More about : network

Anonymous
November 22, 2004 10:55:32 PM

You should probably post to one of the general networking newsgroups, or ask
Linksys support. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking
hardware and software, not networking in general.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

!