Network that Comes and Goes...

This is a tough one, but any ideas would be welcome.... I have a cable modem
feeding into a Dell wireless router on the 3rd floor, an XP desktop in the
same room that's hardwired into it, an XP laptop on the wireless network, and
a Win95 desktop in the basement hardwired to a Linksys switch, also in the
basement, that's hardwired into the router. The 3rd floor desktop runs at
100 MBps, the laptop is at 11 MBps, and the basement desktop is at 10 MBps.
Everything works fine until about 5 pm when I lose the basement connection.
Why is this happening?

JP
1 answer Last reply
More about network goes

    You should probably post to one of the general networking newsgroups, or ask
    Linksys support. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking
    hardware and software, not networking in general.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "JP" <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > This is a tough one, but any ideas would be welcome.... I have a cable
    > modem
    > feeding into a Dell wireless router on the 3rd floor, an XP desktop in the
    > same room that's hardwired into it, an XP laptop on the wireless network,
    > and
    > a Win95 desktop in the basement hardwired to a Linksys switch, also in the
    > basement, that's hardwired into the router. The 3rd floor desktop runs at
    > 100 MBps, the laptop is at 11 MBps, and the basement desktop is at 10
    > MBps.
    > Everything works fine until about 5 pm when I lose the basement
    > connection.
    > Why is this happening?
    >
    > JP

Routers Desktops Windows XP Networking