Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Hello,

I bought a new laptop for some gaming The specs are:
Intel i5 480m
Intel HM55
ATI HD5730
4GB of Ram.

When I play computer games, mostly Starcraft 2 it hangs up on sounds. For example, when I create a bunch of units the games freezes and the sound start repeating or stuttering for different amount time.

SOme times when a unit is attacking it the sound stuttering can last up to 2 minutes, crazy stuff.

So I think the problem is the sound, because the game suggest I play on high settings. I have tested it with low graphics settings and low audio quality but it keeps happening.

It also happens in other games, slight lag before someone says a new sentence In Fallout NV or when I shoot a gun in COD Black Ops it can get stuck on the sound for up to 30 secs. When the game is not locked up on a sound the FPS is perfectly smooth. I think I notice it more in Starcraft because every unit "answers" when you click on them. Its frustrating, any help would be awesome.

Im frightend the hard drive might be too slow or something :(

Might try going in to windows control panel, System, power options change from balanced -> performance.

If that does not do it it could be a driver proble, so verify that you have the latest drivers available for your laptop - normally found at laptop manuf website.

Status
Not open for further replies.