upgrade XP Home to PRO?

Yes.
--
Ted Zieglar

"jl" <mail@mail.com> wrote:
>Is it possible to upgrade XP Home to XP Pro?

Sure, works pretty well too. Costs about $200, but you can't have
everything.

"jl" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:2qbcgpFu23p9U1@uni-berlin.de...
> Is it possible to upgrade XP Home to XP Pro?
>
> Thanks,
> JL

I just got through doing that. I definitely recommend a reformat/clean
install rather than installing Pro on top of an existing Home installation.

Molly

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2004

I ask this group the same question about a month ago ,and I decided not to
spend the additional $200 on an upgrade. I have two computers running XP,
one Home and the other XP Pro. I find Win SP2 is running better on the Home,
than the Pro. The IE is running better on the home side. It is very
unstable sometimes. It might be the NIS 2004 this in the Pro machine.
Carolyn

"Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> "jl" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:2qbcgpFu23p9U1@uni-berlin.de...
>> Is it possible to upgrade XP Home to XP Pro?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> JL
>
> I just got through doing that. I definitely recommend a reformat/clean
> install rather than installing Pro on top of an existing Home
> installation.

I have Xp Pro and Home running on 2 different Dell Dimensions on the same
network. No different effect with SP2.

"Molly" <ctalia4000@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I ask this group the same question about a month ago ,and I decided not to
>spend the additional $200 on an upgrade. I have two computers running XP,
>one Home and the other XP Pro. I find Win SP2 is running better on the
>Home, than the Pro. The IE is running better on the home side. It is
>very unstable sometimes. It might be the NIS 2004 this in the Pro machine.
> Carolyn
>
> "Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "jl" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> Is it possible to upgrade XP Home to XP Pro?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> JL
>>
>> I just got through doing that. I definitely recommend a reformat/clean
>> install rather than installing Pro on top of an existing Home
>> installation.

Oddly enough, I was expecting all sorts of problems upgrading XP Home to XP
Pro. However, upgrading worked first time and I've had no problems since.

"Daniel Dravot" <chasham97NO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
> "jl" <mail@mail.com> wrote in message news:2qbcgpFu23p9U1@uni-berlin.de...
> > Is it possible to upgrade XP Home to XP Pro?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > JL
>
> I just got through doing that. I definitely recommend a reformat/clean
> install rather than installing Pro on top of an existing Home
installation.

sparky

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2003

MrTwei wrote:

> Oddly enough, I was expecting all sorts of problems upgrading XP Home to XP
> Pro. However, upgrading worked first time and I've had no problems since.

You should sue Dell - the bastards!!!

;)