when is the palomino set to hit the streets?

jollygrinch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i expect it'll be pretty bloody fast in both...sorry, not an answer.

as to when: recent post <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">here</A>, says next month. also talks about performance...no evidence to back it up, just speculation on specs. AMD roadmap <A HREF="http://www.amd.com/news/virtualpress/roadmap.html" target="_new">here</A> seems to agree.

---Cold pizza, cold coffee, and the THG forum...oh the heartburn.---

jollygrinch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
agree on time that is...of course they agree that it'll be a good performer, but what do you expect from their own site.

---Cold pizza, cold coffee, and the THG forum...oh the heartburn.---

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
should be out within a month maybe 2... nice timing with the radeon 2 also out within that timeframe... mmm imagine overclockability possibilities... cooler running... etc... not that i care... good cooling goes a long way with any overclocking... 2ghz athlon 4 @ 150fsb... 512mb pc2400 ddr... radeon 2... imagine the possibilities... have to wait for r2 benchmarks before i decide on my syste though... i think ill be able to afford it with my budget... roughly £1800 without the monitor... thats uhm... USD 2500+ should be enough for a nice system... hehe

if in doubt blame microsoft...

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
Athlon has been a strong performer in general applications, but Palomino brings SSE instruction set to the processor which should significantly improve processor peformance in games which use SSE instructions.

So, you should see the most noticeable performance improvements in games and graphics/CAD apps that utilize SSE...at least according to benchmarks of The current mobile Athlons MP's compared to Thunderbirds.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!