Burnt CPU thanks to thermaltake!

Unfreakin believable! here i am with my new 1.3ghz (btw the ayhja is unlocked. it was set to 700 but i changed to 1.3, the speed of the chip is 1.33 (266) chip. Running smoothly when all of a sudden the [-peep-] fan dies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got it today and the [-peep-] fan died! And here i try to turn it off asap but GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKEN WINDOWS WOULDN"T LET ME COS I WAS COPYING A FILE U GODDAMN MOTHER [-peep-] MICRO PEICES OF [-peep-]!

I turn it off and there is a [-peep-] 4 second delay and mmm i smell a nice smell of burning electronics yummy.... *SCREAMS* thats it i'm all intel with my next upgrade i swear to god! this mother [-peep-] better work. I have a global win heatsink i can use. thermaltake is [-peep-] crap guys don't buy their [-peep-]!

unbeliavable.. the sad thing is abit was suppose to automaticly shut off the computer incase the fan dies... ya right! bullsh'it!

right now the Dragon Orb3 is sitting on my power supply doing jack [-peep-]!

as AOL says it best "goodbye" only to AMD and thermalshit however.

Have fun!

G

Did ya plug into the Motherboard with the dragon ?
Not advised as thermaltake would say, would fry that A7M266 in seconds as it says in most literature.
It is a 7000rpm fan for fu%#s sake, yer cant plug into mb 3 pin header, if ya did its yer own fault! <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by scotty3303 on 08/10/01 11:52 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
try to return the chip and blame it on the heatsink or go to the place that you got the heat sink form and see if they can get you a new chip

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

Well sorry I mentioned it, but get yer facts first. I have a dragon 3 and it definately is grand on top of my 1.4g!

not for me cos it died lol!

i'm better now the cpu still works but i got an RMA number and i do plan on returning it.

I got my global win working and it's running at 1.3ghz.., temp is pretty high 51 degrees celcious... *shakes head* so much for overclocking eh!

Have fun!

ok im all good now i'm cool... i got an rma number and i am taking it back and getting newones. that sucks! oh well...
the cpu still worked but there is no way in hell i'm taking the chance. it's going back... i hate latency defects...

and my next big upgrade will be intel. Hoefully Intel by then will have there act straitend out!

Have fun!

well i can't right now lol... i already bought DDR RAM and a AMD DDR board ... *shrugs* i was thinking of intel but i already bought the RAM when i was thinking of intel. lol
i probably won't upgrade for 2 years.. or until next year.. lol.. i seem to upgrade every year.. heh *shrugs*
now amd isn't crap it just burns up when your fan dies lol.. acutally it is still working and i have it now surprisingly @ 1300mhz too.. but i smelled burnt electronics and that is never good...

i noticed u posted a 3dmark post... i jumped from 4768 to 5600 with the cpu upgrade in 3dmark2000v1.1 1000 point jump is pretty huge isn't it? I have an ATI AIW Radeon.. 5600 i think is pretty good for this card.

thats all i gotta say is that i have a pentium3 800 on my laptop and it gets prettty hot but it doesn't smoke! lol ...

*sigh* why couldn't amd put a thermal diode on the chip in the first place? cheap bastards lol ...

Have fun!

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I just wanted to say that I love my Thermaltake K-6.....and if the fan stopped working how is that the heatsinks fault?

Either way I'm glad you get to return the CPU! relief.

Eric

<i>"I am what I am"</i>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LOL, ROTFLMAO!!! hahaha :smile:

It's usaully the most vocal defenders of the AMD burnt offerings that get burnt. why oh, why do ppl not listen to reason?

now the next burnt offering you'll buy is a duron LOL! and you;ll have to check on that every hour on the hour like a newborn.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
it is becuase the fan came with the heatsink

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

G

Ok, you asked for it was the thread! Oh who was gloating, who was all knowledgable one, the oh everyone get this board! man, just firk the firk up.

Yer a ferkin smart ass and now ya learnt.
Nothing wrong with yer fan or cpu, just firked up buddy. Good luck with it heh.

BTW guess who you pissed off with ya firkin crap in yer infancy.

duron? i already have a duron? why would i downgrade? i don't get you at all .... anyway the cpu still works actually considering it got burnt! eitherway i'm taking it back... never take a chance because latency defects are not fun because by then you warranty has expired.. doh

Have fun!

"Nothing wrong with yer fan or cpu, just firked up buddy. Good luck with it heh."

riiight thats why the blue stuff on the cpu has oozed off, i smelled burnt electronics which means the cpu got burnt, and the heatsink and fan doesn't work.

Have fun!

it was doing a fine job but then the fan just died just like that? infact check this out for my duron 700 temps...

Duron 700 with coolermaster
Idle: 46C
Heavy load: 51C

Duron 700 with dragon orb 3+
Idle: 35C!
heavy load: 36C!
After benchmarking for 20 minutes 39C and it didn't go any higher then that. not bad... went down like 11 degrees celsious. the fan is super loud though! *shrugs*

Have fun!

G

Wait till I get vocal boy! but lol, shite happens. I would say as I have seen how good you are with help with AMD, infact I have seen your help and it makes me think well maybe this guy knows summin, could have an AMD himself dare I say that.
:smile:

FatBurger

Illustrious
Hoefully Intel by then will have there act straitend out!

Hey, you're in luck! They just announced that if you pay $10,000 a year, they'll give you a new motherboard free ever two months when they change the sockets.

Yeah, I'm exaggerating, and Intel makes good stuff.

Anyhow, I wonder if FUGGER and AmdMeltdown noticed that the CPU still works. That disproves all of the stuff that they say about AMDs burning up as soon as the fan stops.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

thats what i was thinking too ... it may have been maybe.. but on the chip itself you know that shiny blue stuff on the core? well some of that has oozed off and has spreaded. not good ... so to play it safe i'm gonna take it back. ya know? i think it is overheating too because at 1.3ghz the temp is like 52 degrees celsious and may have gottin higher because my computer froze up.. so the chip is probably damaged and i won't be able to overclock infact i have to downclock. It's at 1ghz right now .. at 1.3 it gets a bit hot!

Have fun!

lol!

ya i could have swore the chip would have been dead.. because the blue die has oozed off practicly.. it is damaged i can tell but it does still work. The fan however is shot to sh!t doesn't work period. What sucks is that abits motherboard was suppose to shut down the computer asap when the fan dies.. it didn't do that..so abit is to blame since the technology they incorporated doesn't work and they assumed it would. ya know?

Have fun!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
The abit board will ONLY SHUT THE CPU DOWN IF THE FAN IS PLUGGED INTO THE MOTHERBOARD.

Hard lesson to learn, hope you learned it well...ps, your chip isnt damaged, those things tend to work, or not. It runs a little hot at 1.3 because youre using a different heatsink.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~