history clearing

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I have a funky problem happening. In Internet Explorer, my history gets cleared about every 4 days, when I have it set to 60. Any ideas what could be doing this?

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Someone else using the computer? :smile:
Any capacity limitations for you drive containing the history folder?

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
The C: that I have windows installed on has about 850Mb of free space left on it. Keep progs and games on a seperate partition. Nobody else using the computer.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Ahhhh. That might explain things.
Windows likes to have considerable free space on the system drive... Its needed for swapfile expansion, temp files, etcetcetc, so its entirely possible that you can only use a couple of hundred MB of that 850Mb.
And the history folder can actually get quite large, so you are proably running out of assigned room and its automatically clearing some/all of the history to maintain a minum free space level.

One easy way to fix this would be to assign the cache folder to a different drive with more free space.

<b><i>The Very Hungry Caterpillar</i> - George W. Bush's favorite childhood book.
Note: This book was first published a year after Mr Bush graduated from College.</b>

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
If your talking about the temp internet files path, I did that, hoping it will fix it. Just assigned it to the D: drive and gave it 1000mb, hoping that clears it up.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
well good. and good luck. If not, we will be seeing you in around 4 days time yes? hehehe

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Not sure how many days it's been, but i'm back, history cleared once again today. Any other ideas?