Help with Duron 700 pls

G

I'm building a new computer for my friend, but I'm having difficulties from the very start. When I turn the power on, all disks spin, the fans turn on, and all the LEDs light, but nothing is diplayed in the monitor, or no BIOS beeps. Here's the system (what I have in it)

Abit KT7A motherboard
128MB PC 133 DIMM
AMD Duron 700MHz
Asus GeForce3 or Diamond TNT2
IBM 60GXP 40GB
Plextor 16/10/40
Creative labs 52X CD ROM
Floppy disk
V-Tech 350W PSU

I've reseated the RAM, CPU and videocard numerous times, switching out his TNT2 for my GeForce3 to see if it was the video card, it wasn't. I have a Volcano II cooler on it. I have tried resetting the BIOS and changing the RAM, but still no luck. The Volcano was very difficult to put on; and I'm afraid I may have crushed the die, as I've heard is so easy to do. How could I tell if this is the case?
Thanks in advance for replies, this is really getting to me.

Let's forget the AMD-Intel battle and focus on the real Enemy: Apple!

No beep would suggest either your speaker cable connected wrongly or something is seriously wrong.

No display would suggest your monitor is duff or something is seriously wrong.

Check out the two easy options. Try the monitor elsewhere, or maybe you know it works. It may seem patronising, but I've left out the SVGA cable a couple of times.

Otherwise I'd check the mobo for any damage, make sure its properly fixed to the case so its not grounding badly.

<b>
Change the sig of the week! :mad:
</b>

TRENDING THREADS