Wanna hear something funny (about compaq)

G

Ok my parents bought this cheap laptop from compaq... it's a presario 1200 something or rather... anyway it's running a K6 500mhz... all cheap stuff... 24xcd 13 inch screen, 6 gig hd... etc... anyway...

One day last week it just died.. the screen would not go on.. so i dunno what messed up.. just the screen would not turn on when the other lights did.

So i'm too lazy to open/struggle with it so i send it off to compaq.

So today i get it back... and here's what the letter from compaq says:

Dear dustomer, in order to fix your computer we had to replace the following:

CD rom
Motherboard
CPU chip
Hard Drive
Keyboard (yes even the damn keyboard)

The only thing left was the damn screen and the tiny speaker...

Now i can see where all that money the rip off people goes... HOLY [-peep-] i mean they just bought most of a new laptop... i mean there is no chance in hell i fried all that [-peep-]... Comon the CD drive?!? Keyboard?!????? and hell mobo and cpu?

Oh well at least it only took a week...

Screw them i'm happy ;)

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I think it's normal practice for companies such as Compaq to spend $200 on parts rather than $200 on diagnosing which part actually caused the failure. I don't know what price they list those parts for (probably around 5x what they paid for them), but I'm guessing they paid around $200 for them total.

Video killed my Radio Card!

Arrow

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Good that you're happy! Very untypical of a company like this to only take a week for the job...

Rob
Please visit <b><A HREF="http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048" target="_new">http://www.ncix.com/canada/index.cfm?affiliateid=319048</A></b>

G

It's free... warranty... it's just funny how stupid they are to replace things like cd rom and keybard... i mean seriously how can my keyboard keep my display from going on?

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

TRENDING THREADS