computer wont start..cpu??

G

Well, I just got a new 1ghz athlon from am-comps.com...The thing is I was playing a game, max payne last night, and the comp froze up on me, so I ahdno choice but to cut teh power..now when I turn the comp on there is no pictuer on teh screen and the reset and power buttons dont work..its not the monitor cause itried it on anotehr one, so its the computer..Is this symptoms of a fried cpu or somthing?? help....

G

ram led on teh mb comes on, fan turns on, all sounds normal..hard drive light comes on fora few seconds then goes off, power light stays on till I cut teh power..I can use the power or reset button they dont do anyhting for some reason?? If andyone has any ideas please get back to me I really need this comp running like 5 min ago

G

I took the card out, adn hooked it up straight to my computer, no 3d card, and it still idnt get a picture

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well, I think I know what's the problem, but if I say it then I'll get flamed left and right, so I won't say it. ah! what the hell!......your cpu is defective, dead, kaput, doa! RMA back to the dealer or back to AMD.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"