Dell Restructures Divisions, Ditches the Geography

Status
Not open for further replies.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
If only we were lucky enough for dell to go out of buisness. You could think in the mindset about all those loosing their jobs, but think of the same increase when the market expands to swallow up the part that they leave wide open.

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
To each his own, I have a 1530 XPS laptop that I absolutely love and have had no problems with a little over a year into it.

Gryphyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I also have a 1530 XPS laptop, and it is working beautifully. Have an Inspiron 1100 that has been working wonderfully for 5 years or so. I can't remember when I originally bought it.

EVERY manufacturer is putting low cost parts in their machines. I have seen two identical Dell computers in every way behave completely different over time. One will have repeated problems with parts, the other will never have a problem.

You'll see this with every manufacturer. Not just Dell, or HP, or whoever. I use Dell because overall I like their style and features for the price. I don't use other companies for this reason. But for the most part, I can't recommend one computer manufacturer over another anymore, because when you see a large enough set of computers over time, they all behave the same way.

Take a look at the features, at the styling, and at the price. If you like how it looks, and what you're getting for the price, you'll do fine. Maybe you'll be the unlucky one with a faulty part. Most likely you won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.