Looking for a good 24 - 27' gaming monitor

adambean

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
Hey all,

Currently running a LG W2361VG with an ATI Radeon HD 5870. I would like to turn this into my secondary monitor and invest (preferably under $400) into a new monitor with it's main purpose being gaming.

Ideally, I wanted to get a 30', but they are way to expensive. However, after some reading, I'm finding that people are saying stay 24' and under for gaming as you lose quality with the larger you go ... so Is 27' to large for gaming? Will I notice a "big" difference from a 24'?

I'm still hunting, reading reviews between Amazon and newegg ... however, any assistance is most appreciated.

Thank you

adambean

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2010
I was actually debating that monitor as well ... not that I know any better, but everywhere I've read says to go with 2ms response time for a gaming monitor. I don't know if I'd really see the difference, but my current monitor is 2ms and I do like it.

There's no release date for the E70V though is there? I'm very impatient, but I'm thinking it may be best to wait ...

rofl_my_waffle

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
I have IPS panels with 5ms and 6ms. I also have TN panels with 2ms. Honestly the difference is somewhat noticable. If you run a response time test and take a picture with a fast shutter camera. You would be saying "hey there is some difference" but thats on a monitor test with a fast shutter camera. Personally there is little difference.

TN panels just have more aggressive overdrive which causes artifacts and blurring of its own (just a different type) so don't think a 2ms panel would have 3x less trailing than a 6ms panel. Not to mention 6ms is the fastest time for only 1 shade of grey. The average response time for all shades of grey is much higher.