Can' t keep more than a 3 min conn with my MN 500 with exc..

I use a HP Pavillion ze5300 Laptop which has it's
original built-in wireless networking hardware.
The HP's operating system is Windows XP home.
I installed software by Bullguard for firewall and
Antivirus, after I had it at home for awhile.
I later purchased the MN 500 to link the computer with my
broadband service.
What used to work, now does not. The connection drops
regardless of signal. Requiring that I select the network
again and then 3 minutes later have to repeat the process
over and over.
What should I do to diagnose the problem and fix it.

Hi,

Hi try disabling the 802.1x authentication on your wireless network card
properties.
If 802.1x authentication is enabled on your wireless network card and if
your access point doesn't support this authentication the connection will be
disconnected after a few minutes.

To disable 802.1x authenication over your wireless network card...

1.. Click Start, point to Connect To, click Show all connections, and then
double-click your wireless network adapter.
2.. On the General tab, click Properties.
3.. Click the Wireless Networks tab.
4.. Under Preferred Networks, click your home network, and then click
Properties.
5.. Click Data encryption (WEP enabled).
6.. Click the Association tab, and then click to clear the Network
Authentication (Shared mode) check box and the The key is provided for me
automatically check box, if they are selected.
7.. Click the Authentication tab, and then click to clear the Enable IEEE
802.1x authentication for this network check box, if it is selected.
8.. Click OK two times to accept the changes.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"HP Ze 5300 User with XP Home" <csdelaney@dudleyconstruction.com> wrote in