Countryside alliance 'Liberty Load' Cartridges

Last response: in Video Games
September 3, 2004 12:07:10 AM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game,uk.rec.shooting.clays (More info?)

'Liberty Load' delivered to your door
The Alliance's new Liberty Load cartridges are now available by mail order
from Just Cartridges. Liberty Load cartridges were launched in 2002 and the
new range has now expanded to include 5, 6 and 7 shot in 12 bore and 6 and 7
shot in 20 bore. Eley Hawk Ltd produces the range, based on their popular
'Highflyer' cartridges, in England exclusively for the Countryside Alliance.

The 12 bore load is available at £133.50 per 1000 delivered and the 20 bore
£138.50. Collected prices are 12 bore £122.50 and 20 bore £126.50

Call 01865 300 066 or order online at www.justcartridges.com

---
September 3, 2004 4:01:21 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game,uk.rec.shooting.clays (More info?)

On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:07:10 GMT, in
<O3LZc.2307$pN3.875@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, "Graham Gowland"
<gowlandREMOVE@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> order online

put my credit card number in a non-secure email - - NO THANKS
8¬(
--
denis

"I teleported home one night, With Ron and Sid and Meg,
Ron stole Meggie's heart away, And I got Sidney's leg. "
September 3, 2004 9:42:49 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game,uk.rec.shooting.clays (More info?)

Denis F <zwarniwhoop@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in

> On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:07:10 GMT, in
> <O3LZc.2307$pN3.875@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, "Graham Gowland"
> <gowlandREMOVE@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
>> order online
>
> put my credit card number in a non-secure email - - NO THANKS
> 8¬(

Ever heard of charge backs or fraud indemnity?

John
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 8:26:54 PM

"John" <zero_one34@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Denis F <zwarniwhoop@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>
> > On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:07:10 GMT, in
> > <O3LZc.2307$pN3.875@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, "Graham Gowland"
> > <gowlandREMOVE@bigfoot.com> wrote:
> >
> >> order online
> >
> > put my credit card number in a non-secure email - - NO THANKS
> > 8¬(
>
> Ever heard of charge backs or fraud indemnity?

.....that must be one of the most annoying home pages I've ever seen... I
thought most people stopped that sort of stuff years ago...

Anyway, the point Graham was making is that its a pathetic idea to suggest
to * knowledgeable * people to send unsecured credit card info in emails -
they are fairly easily intercepted by third parties using keyword scanners
and your CC details are then public knowledge or for sale...

Chargebacks and fraud indemnity are simply not the point - by the time you
get to see your statement, your credit will be long gone... some CC
companies will also no longer indemnify you if you do something as crass as
this.

Only really really stupid people send such information by ordinary email...

Mike
September 5, 2004 9:27:11 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game,uk.rec.shooting.clays (More info?)

"Mike Deblis" <mdeblis@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "John" <zero_one34@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Denis F <zwarniwhoop@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in
>>
>> > On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 20:07:10 GMT, in
>> > <O3LZc.2307$pN3.875@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>, "Graham
Gowland"

>> > put my credit card number in a non-secure email - - NO
THANKS
>> > 8¬(
>>
>> Ever heard of charge backs or fraud indemnity?
>
> ....that must be one of the most annoying home pages I've
ever
> seen... I thought most people stopped that sort of stuff
years ago...

> Anyway, the point Graham was making is that its a pathetic
idea to
> suggest to * knowledgeable * people to send unsecured credit
card
> info in emails - they are fairly easily intercepted by third
parties
> using keyword scanners and your CC details are then public
knowledge
> or for sale...
>
> Chargebacks and fraud indemnity are simply not the point -
by the
> time you get to see your statement, your credit will be long
gone...
> some CC companies will also no longer indemnify you if you
do
> something as crass as this.
>
> Only really really stupid people send such information by
ordinary
> email...

I know you’ll find that, in fact Graham wasn’t the poster
making the point that you are trying to make above and only
really stupid people are so paranoid that they believe
“hackers” are watching them 24/7. The fact is that if you were
to send the company three emails or even two. Containing your
first half of your CC number and the second in another email,
you would not be ripped off.
Okay I grant you that a secure site is better but even a
secure site can be hacked, take paypal for example! I would
also recommend that you find a CC company who actually does
provide insurance for a fraudulent transaction, I know mine
does.
I would be interested to hear exactly how many people actually
do get the CC details ripped off using this web site per year;
I bet more people die from alien abduction! Take a chill pill
and you’ll feel better.

John
Anonymous
September 5, 2004 11:55:09 PM

> I know you'll find that, in fact Graham wasn't the poster

....my mistake, sorry...

> making the point that you are trying to make above and only
> really stupid people are so paranoid that they believe
> "hackers" are watching them 24/7. The fact is that if you were
> to send the company three emails or even two. Containing your
> first half of your CC number and the second in another email,
> you would not be ripped off.

Fine, no problem with that, but that was not what this web site was
suggesting,.. its not that they are watching "you", its the basic principle
that if you leave a door open, sooner or later someone may (not "will") walk
through it. Why make it easy?

> Okay I grant you that a secure site is better but even a
> secure site can be hacked, take paypal for example! I would
> also recommend that you find a CC company who actually does
> provide insurance for a fraudulent transaction, I know mine
> does.
> I would be interested to hear exactly how many people actually
> do get the CC details ripped off using this web site per year;
> I bet more people die from alien abduction!>

I deal with financial transactions security professionally, and have done
(in the City of London and elsewhere) for more than 20 years. People are
ripped off every day, and its not paranoia - I see cases of identity theft
every week, and sometimes, every day of a week. There are a whole raft of
ways to have your details cloned, and part of that is via email
interception - its non-trivial, but it happens and we see it... from there,
building a picture of your victim is simple...

> Take a chill pill and you'll feel better.

I feel fine, thanks! Perhaps if you stuck to commenting on subjects you have
a clue about, you'd give better advice ;-)

Mike
September 5, 2004 11:55:46 PM

> I feel fine, thanks! Perhaps if you stuck to commenting on subjects
> you have a clue about, you'd give better advice ;-)

After over 300 transactions this year both secure and non-secure and NOT
being ripped off, that’s not may be or could be, that’s not ever. I think
I personally wouldn’t worry about sending my CC details in two emails.
With your experience, I’m sure you’ll know that there is equal chance of a
fraudulent transaction when giving your CC details over the phone and I’m
sure everyone and their dog knows that the RM isn’t known for their 100%
security record, so my view is live a little because if I can not use my
CC over the net, over the phone or in the post, then there is very little
use for it. I’m not having ago at you personally, it’s just that I get fed
up with all this anti-net bull. Common sense will prevail and to prove the
point I will order 1000 rounds using the email system next time I need
ammo and I’ll bet you the price of these rounds that I don’t get
intercepted by ever increasing super hackers.

John
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 2:48:07 AM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

>I personally wouldn't worry about sending my CC details in two email

I was recently phoned by supposedly a well known mobile phone company, telling
me that I'd won a new camera phone. They just wanted me to give them my bank
details so as I could prove who I was, or my credit card details, they were so
serious I could have almost believed they were real, both had very english
names but indian accents, he even got his "supervisor" to tell me it was all
OK, they just needed proof of identity, I said, send it to the address they had
and check it against the electoral role, that's my identity proof. Needless to
say, I never received my "free" phone.
September 6, 2004 9:14:38 AM

"Graham Gowland" <gowlandREMOVE@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:o 3LZc.2307$pN3.875@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net...
> 'Liberty Load' delivered to your door
> The Alliance's new Liberty Load cartridges are now available by mail order
> from Just Cartridges. Liberty Load cartridges were launched in 2002 and
the
> new range has now expanded to include 5, 6 and 7 shot in 12 bore and 6 and
7
> shot in 20 bore. Eley Hawk Ltd produces the range, based on their popular
> 'Highflyer' cartridges, in England exclusively for the Countryside
Alliance.

> The 12 bore load is available at £133.50 per 1000 delivered and the 20
bore
> £138.50. Collected prices are 12 bore £122.50 and 20 bore £126.50
>
> Call 01865 300 066 or order online at www.justcartridges.com
>

> ---

cartridge bags at 30 paces now...........

toy
September 6, 2004 5:10:23 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

seaangling@aol.com (SEAANGLING) wrote in

>>I personally wouldn’t worry about sending my CC details in two
>>email
>
> I was recently phoned by supposedly a well known mobile phone
> company, telling me that I'd won a new camera phone. They just wanted
> me to give them my bank details so as I could prove who I was, or my
> credit card details, they were so serious I could have almost
> believed they were real, both had very english names but indian
> accents, he even got his "supervisor" to tell me it was all OK, they
> just needed proof of identity, I said, send it to the address they
> had and check it against the electoral role, that's my identity
> proof. Needless to say, I never received my "free" phone.

This is the point I’m trying to make. These days everyone is trying to
rip you off. The net is just another medium.
I can remember a mate of mine asking me if I though it would be okay for
his 9 year old daughter to use the net on her own, my reply was “would
you let your daughter go to town on her own?”, obviously not.
Basic security is easy to implement and is quite secure but as another
poster pointed out, if a company stores your CC details on their system
you could find your balance increase because some one has hacked their
system.
Even bank computers are not 100% secure, it’s the world we live in.
I’ve noticed that some email spam will contain key words, odd words that
I have used recently like G’day. Funny hey?

John
Anonymous
September 6, 2004 9:34:53 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> I've noticed that some email spam will contain key words, odd words that
> I have used recently like G'day. Funny hey?
>
> John

Hi

Now the original post was just intended as a small promotion of the
cartridges - I'm not even a member of the Countryside alliance, but it
doesn't seem like a bad idea, and people on here have asked about postal
cartridge suppliers before - I didn't think this thread would develop!

I do think that you can get too excited about security - be sensible, but
not too paranoid, but it is worth mentioning the existence of spy programs,
or even cookies that almost everyone's comparer is infested with. I use a
program called Ad-Aware (http://www.lavasoft.de/software/) that finds new
spy software on my PC almost every day - if you notice things like key words
you use in targeted spam, you could be infested. Also if your computer has
BackWeb running, this can be a form of Spyware.

Another side effect can be very slow system performance.

But I think everything has already been said about email security, so can we
put the handbags down now (As Toy said!)?

Graham

---
September 7, 2004 6:00:13 AM

"Graham Gowland" <gowlandREMOVE@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:<1d1%c.566$Pw.167@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net>...
> I do think that you can get too excited about security - be sensible, but
> not too paranoid, but it is worth mentioning the existence of spy programs,
> or even cookies that almost everyone's comparer is infested with. I use a
> program called Ad-Aware (http://www.lavasoft.de/software/) that finds new
> spy software on my PC almost every day - if you notice things like key words
> you use in targeted spam, you could be infested. Also if your computer has
> BackWeb running, this can be a form of Spyware.

AdAware is good, but use it in conjuction with "Spybot - Search and
Destroy". This is an excellent bit of free software that, like
AdAware, is continually updated. You can get Spybot from
http://www.safer-networking.org/ - its won just about every prize on
offer and when used regularly (say once a week) in association with
AdAware, it virtually guarantees a clean PC (what one misses, the
other gets) - it also has an optional resident part that will watch
for changes to your registry (called, oddly, "TeaTimer"!).

Using both on your PC will only take about 5 minutes a week - its
well, well, worth it... note: still use McAfee VirusScan or similar
(regularly updated) and a free firewall like ZoneAlarm (unless you are
on ADSL and have a hardware firewall in your router).

Be VERY VERY wary of ANY other so-called "spyware removers" - many of
these actually INSTALL their own spyware. This is a major cause of
pain for security folks like me. Stick to AdAware and Spybot S&D -
free, trustworthy and damn good - get rid of the rest. There are a
complete load of bas***ds out there who's only purpose in life is to
make other people's life difficult.

back to clays - Off to Bisley in October with a group of mates - going
to use Long Siberia for the morning, then the NCSC for some Skeet in
the afternoon.

Mike
!