Best PC Gaming mouse 2013 - Top 5

milosv123344

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Hey guys how are you, while my question/topic may look too direct and/or dramatic/sensitive, i posted it because I HAD IT :fou: with searching for a proper gaming mouse. (1st worlds problems i know lol)
2013 will have some of the best games out there, and i am tired on playing on my 10$ genious office bs mouse, imagine playing Battlefield 3 with it.
Some are too big, some too small, some have good dpi some dont, while there may not be such thing as a "perfect mouse" all i am asking is for someone to do,
5 best gaming mouses out there at the moment, do a 1-10 score on each of the following criteria and maybe write a word or two why this and not that and so on.
Comfortability
DPI (higher the better)
drivers (complexity)
Maybe somehing else if you think of it?
Have in mind i need a gaming mouse under 100$ as anything more for a mouse is just too much for me at the moment
(may go a LITTLE over if the mouse is really good)!

THANKS!
Hope it doesnt take a lot of your time pls help! :bounce:

milosv123344

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011

THAT was what i was looking for! To be honest i never thought anyone would bother to write it like i asked, expected people to be like "oh this one is best * slap affiliate link*" and leave it at that. Appreciate the help! I heard razer naga had a double clicking problem? There is a topic for that thank god in the general discussion section in case you encounter it, someone posted it . As for my decision i will get the CM Storm Xornet, the last on your list as i don't need 30+ buttons, all i need is a decent DPI and to feel natural in your hands, so i will get that one! My friend has the Logitech G500 and while its an awesome mouse its kind of too big for my hand lol.
Thank you mate , just ordered it , cant wait! :hello: :pt1cable:

Toms has this article on the front page: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/g9x-blackwidow-tournament-edition-lan-party,3359.html

It has the Logitech G9x as the top, granted it is not all mice, but ones that are easy to travel with.

I personally have liked the Logitech G700, but based on your comment about mice being too big, I'm betting the G9x is best for you.

As far as the list of driver complexity (higher being worse), not all complexities are without benefits. I've been partial to Logitech's software because its Lua scripting abilities. This allows me to build logic into my macro like scripts.

milosv123344

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011

aaah didnt see to check that out thanks, about the g9x i've seen it before when i did the research myself, it doesnt seem too bad, i just somehow dont like the looks of it, its too ...boxy? And about the g700, that one is off the hook and i got that one for my brothers PC, it did seem expensive but he likes it and his hands are bigger :D Thank you as well :D

Is appearance more important than comfort?

milosv123344

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011

To some yes, younger people mostly, since they think that if it looks cool its what they should have you know?

comps4life

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
I would go with Razer Deathadder. They have 2 pretty popular models which are specifically used for gaming. Logitech has a wireless one for gaming, I think it's called G700. They all have high DPI which is important with programmable buttons. There are a lot of gaming mice available on the market, never really seen one more than $100 though.

This article might help. It compares different gaming mice:
http://deviceraters.com/top-3-gaming-mouse/

D0GB3RT

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
The G500 is the best however it is very fragile. Drop it more than once and who knows. I have about half a dozen of them. I finally got fed up and tried a Gigabyte GM-M8000X then a steelseries sensei and a Moinix Naos 8200 which all still work but i'm switching back to the G500.....Maybe I should carpet.

Jexta

Honorable
May 9, 2013

Hello I have a question and you seem like you know your mice :) http://www.roccat.org/Products/ hows that guy look? it says like 8000 DPI and a bunch of other awesome words that makes me wanna throw my money at them. Whats your take on that one?

also check this one out please: http://steelseries.com/us/products/mice/steelseries-sensei-mlg-edition this one is THE MLG mouse man how can it not be on the list?

Also what is scripting and stuff for mice - and is it hard? I wanna be the best at gaming that I can be and I don't understand this. Any info to help clear things up would be awesome. thanks.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
i think the corsair m65 is very good. It looks like a prototype mouse, it feels like something you've made for yourself, look at the bottom off the mouse and all you'll see is alluminium no stickers or writing. The only writing on it is the corsair logo on the top of the mouse. Even the scroll wheel is alluminium, it's got the most alluminium on a mouse i've seen, i don't know about it compared to the thermaltake mouse. The programming software is excellent, you can assign applications to a profile and they will automatically load and it works very well. You can also program the mouse itself, assign a profile to the hardware, enabling hardware playback. It's also 8200DPI, it feels and looks like a comfortable and relatively simple mouse, it has a precision button, basically it's like a RAT 7 mouse without all the problems.

I thought to myself i will never need to use 8200DPI in a game, but in BFBC2 i did with the tank, the sensitivity is very low, putting the sensitivity up to 8200DPI on the mouse meant that i didn't have to move my mouse the whole way across the mat to get a 180 degree turn.

Haipeng Li

Honorable
Jun 23, 2013
i had a problem with mouses (all were logitech) with the left button not working correctly (double click), 1 lasted me 8 months, another one 1 year, the last one was 6 months (all in warranty of course) until i bought the MX518, have been playing with it and it works like a champ! i do at least 10k clicks of the left button a day (i have so far 2,733,229 clicks with it, have a click counter in excel that counts every click i do), it has adjustable DPI too, i play mostly MMOs, but i do FPS and action games, i play almost any kind of games (all but sports, dont like those) and im pleased with this one and the durability, my bro just have the same problem as i had with the mouses and i will get him one too.

Stephen Banks

Honorable
May 4, 2013
The Razer Ouroboros gaming mouse is the ultimate gaming mouse! It has 2 tracking sensors and 8200 dpi! If you can afford it. Price; $200!

Muaz Hassan

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

This really helped me out a lot too thanks the world could use more people like you

Bloodwork

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
I would go with a Steelseries sensei of whichever type you prefer. They are the most comfortable mice I have used, and I have used the gambit. Great build quality and precision is a huge plus but the software isn't as "flashy" as some, although it does have the important functions.

Or check out the Roccat Kone XTD. Those are also very nice and not as pricey as an over-hyped Razer. Me and two of my friends have had poor experiences with Razer. I had an issue with the Ouroboros failing to track well and my friends both had issues with death adders breaking under normal use. Because of this I could never recommend Razer to anyone.