How good is the Zodiac battery life

March 9, 2005 8:29:25 PM

Hi!

I am thinking about getting a Zodiac 2 (they've gone down to GBP 149
now), but I read different things about the battery life.
It seems that even it's battery (2 actually) is quite big, it seems to
be a rather power-hungry device (extra graphics-chip and all) and you
cannot get more then a 5 hrs runtime out of it.
It was claimed that the Tungesten T5 would have a better battery life.

Is that true?

Many thanks!
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 5:09:47 AM

Markus wrote:
> It was claimed that the Tungesten T5 would have a better battery life.
>
> Is that true?

Well, it's not the same as battery life, but one thing the T|T5 does
is it stores all its data in flash, and I mean ALL of it. (It has
RAM, but it is just used as a cache to improve performance things up.)
So, the T|T5 will have better performance once the batteries go dead,
because on other devices your data will be erased, but on the T|T5
you could totally remove the batteries and the data would still be
there. As a result, you don't have to be so conservative and try
to avoid running the batteries down to totally bone dry, so in a
sense you get more battery power because of that.

- Logan
!