Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Good gaming mouse

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 17, 2013 1:03:11 AM

I'm trying to find a good mouse - I'm willing to pay a premium for the right one, so don't let cost guide your recommendations.

Anyhow, the mouse I currently swear by is a Logitech M500

It's a really nice mouse. But I would like to find a slightly higher DPI mouse - maybe even a gaming mouse that feels comfortable as well. I'm a fingertip grip, but I've had a hell of a time finding a suitable mouse. The ones I've tried (and hated):
1. Mionix Naos 8200
2. Steelseries Ikari
3. Razer Naga

One I sort of liked but found to be a bit too hefty was the G600 MMO.

The two I'm really, really tempted to try next are the CM Spawn and the Razer Deathadder. Again, I'm open to ANY mouse (preferably with a higher DPI than 1000 though, please).

Any suggestions or advice?

More about : good gaming mouse

a b 4 Gaming
February 17, 2013 8:04:21 AM

Was about to suggest the Deathadder, it looks very similar to the M500 and I love my one.
Score
February 22, 2013 7:27:26 PM

Alright, quick question for you: If you get the deathadder with a backlight, can you turn that off via the software? I know I can do that with the G600 MMO, but I could save some money if I buy a backlit version from my employer over getting the black edition.
Score
Related resources
February 23, 2013 3:44:19 PM

I recently bought a Razer Taipan, and I love it. It tracks up to 8200DPI, the buttons are fully configurable via Synapse (macros included). I didn't think that I'd use the higher track speeds, but I do and whenever I use other people's mice I find them disappointingly sluggish. I use it at 4000-6400 for normal use and at the full 8200 when gaming.

I highly recommend it.
Score
a b 4 Gaming
February 23, 2013 4:26:19 PM

Do you actually use the mouse at high DPI settings? For most people, assuming they have their "Mouse sensitivity" control panel option to default (centered), 2000 DPI is plenty. I honestly don't think you'll find any more accuracy from another mouse than the G500.

If you have been convinced to turn your mouse sensitivity all the way to the left to play games, you might want to rethink that practice and test it with a normal setting. I bet you cannot see a difference. I keep hearing people swear that it helps, and others say otherwise. All I can say is I see 0 difference in smoothness and tracking and that is with a 120hz monitor.

I personally have tried a lot of mice, and have been very happy with the G700, which surprised me, as it is wireless.

There is an article on the front page that mentioned the G9x as one highly rated.
Score

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2013 4:51:58 AM

You can turn off the LED's on the Deathadder through the included drivers yes.
February 24, 2013 7:57:23 PM

I'm really liking the G600 MMO (The extra buttons are fairly nice and the form factor is great) but I may consider ordering the deathadder at a future point in time as well. I'm in no hurry, so maybe if it goes on sale or something.
Score
February 24, 2013 7:57:29 PM

Best answer selected by canadianvice.
Score
!