Sign in with
Your question

Frequent freezes and crashes w/new gpu

Last response: in Windows 7
January 28, 2013 2:31:34 PM

I just bought a nvidia geforce gt 630 2gb and installed it's program... It works fine with games BUT it sometimes takes a long time to start up ,Extreamly frequent freezes and then either resumes or blue screens even when just windows is open ,when i run on safe mode the pc works fine
steps that i have done :

i installed a new windows
i cleaned the case with a vacume cleaner and a brush
i upgraded the driver
i made sure the pc isn't overheated
i made sure the fans work all the time
i made sure the psu is enough

notice: the pc has a higher percent of freezing while playing games

what do you think is the problem please help
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 2:38:24 PM

whats your power supply rating? how many watts is it rated aT?
how did you make sure the pc doesnt over heat? did you run prime 95 to stress test the cpu and then fur mark to stress test the graphics? im suspecting you have temperatures problems still so run fur mark and see what temperatures your video card goes up to and if its within the specified temeratures
m
l
January 28, 2013 3:10:08 PM

alvine said:
whats your power supply rating? how many watts is it rated aT?
how did you make sure the pc doesnt over heat? did you run prime 95 to stress test the cpu and then fur mark to stress test the graphics? im suspecting you have temperatures problems still so run fur mark and see what temperatures your video card goes up to and if its within the specified temeratures

350 watt ,i downloaded a speed fan to tell me the heat of the gpu it was at max 50c and after cleaning the dust it became around 30c, i did not run prime 95 though, what is that program for and why would i need it?
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 3:15:42 PM

The_Stunt_Man said:
350 watt ,i downloaded a speed fan to tell me the heat of the gpu it was at max 50c and after cleaning the dust it became around 30c, i did not run prime 95 though, what is that program for and why would i need it?

Prime95 is a stress testing program to see if your machine will hiccup during certain tests to isolate an issue that you're having.

What are the rest of your specs for your machine?

You can use either CPU-Z or Speccy to take the guess work out for you.

A 350 watt PSU is extremely low end. Running a discreet graphics option like that and other components, you have no other power to provide to the GPU itself.

Get us the specs so we can attempt to see what type of power usage you are showing or you can do it by downloading HWInfo, found HERE .

m
l
January 28, 2013 3:36:53 PM

hedwar2011 said:
Prime95 is a stress testing program to see if your machine will hiccup during certain tests to isolate an issue that you're having.

What are the rest of your specs for your machine?

You can use either CPU-Z or Speccy to take the guess work out for you.

A 350 watt PSU is extremely low end. Running a discreet graphics option like that and other components, you have no other power to provide to the GPU itself.

Get us the specs so we can attempt to see what type of power usage you are showing or you can do it by downloading HWInfo, found HERE .

apparently hwinfo doesn't work on safe mode ,and i can't run on normal
but i know my specs:
cpu dual core 2.97 ghz intel
2gb ram
eg41 motherboard

the man at the shop said it would work on 350 watts

and should i use speccy ,cpu-z or prime 95
thanks for answering.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 3:49:12 PM

What's the make/model of the psu and how old is it? There should be a label on the psu with this plus the amps.

http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/printer/power-requi... (if accurate) says you need 20A on the +12 rail.

If your psu is a bargain brand (did it come with the case) it may not be able to run at the stated specs. Also, psu's can lose output capacity over time/use.
m
l
January 28, 2013 6:26:42 PM

J_E_D_70 said:
What's the make/model of the psu and how old is it? There should be a label on the psu with this plus the amps.

http://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article/printer/power-requi... (if accurate) says you need 20A on the +12 rail.

If your psu is a bargain brand (did it come with the case) it may not be able to run at the stated specs. Also, psu's can lose output capacity over time/use.

HEC-350VN-2RX
ACinput AC115/230v 60/50Hz 8/5A
DC output +33vl +5v +12vl +12v2 -12v +5vsb
max A 20A 12A 20A 20A 0.3A 2A
conbined 125 w 376w o.3A 2A
Total output power 350 w
It did come with the case but how would low power make the pc stutter like this it is pretty much inoperable right now
m
l
!