Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

I could not believe the scenes on the news last night "though the Bill was
passed " or should I say railroaded through I could not believe the heavy
handed attacks by the police on both women children and pensioners I watched
in horror as people looked to be pushed from the back into the police. Who
then beat them back how unnecessary was this act by the police.

Did any one hear the guy from the league against cruel sports on the Jeremy
Vine radio show on radio 2 on the 15th I was amazed by what he said.

For those who missed it go to www.bbcradio2.co.uk Jeremy Vine and click
listen again

lurch

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:25:43 GMT, "ash.bat" <ash.bat@virgin.net>
wrote:

>I could not believe the scenes on the news last night "though the Bill was
>passed " or should I say railroaded through I could not believe the heavy
>handed attacks by the police on both women children and pensioners I watched
>in horror as people looked to be pushed from the back into the police. Who
>then beat them back how unnecessary was this act by the police.

I did notice a very different slant on BBC news vs Sky news.
On Sky the footage showed the police laying into the crowd viciously
and indiscriminately in response to the crowd pushing against the
barrier.
On BBC we see footage of the crowd pulling back the barrier.

In other words Sky shows the police overreacting, BBC shows the crowd
after the initial battoning.
No bias there then.

--
Mark

http://www.gunculture.net

"the subjects... may have arms for their defence"
English Bill of Rights

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

"ash.bat" <ash.bat@virgin.net> wrote in

> I could not believe the scenes on the news last night "though the
> Bill was passed " or should I say railroaded through I could not
> believe the heavy handed attacks by the police on both women children
> and pensioners I watched in horror as people looked to be pushed from
> the back into the police. Who then beat them back how unnecessary was
> this act by the police.

There are many reports such as the one that follows and if true, then
frankly we did ourselves some serious harm yesterday. I personally can not
blame the police for treating rioters with heavy hands and if the reports
were correct, it isn’t the police at fault.

Fox-hunting ban bill is approved

LONDON: Supporters of fox hunting stormed Britain's parliament yesterday
and scuffled with police at a mass rally, but failed to prevent lawmakers
from moving closer to a ban of the blood sport.
Debate was suspended for half an hour after five pro-hunt protesters broke
into the House of Commons chamber, but ministers later voted by a majority
of 356 to 166 in favour of the government bill.
Seven people were arrested as some of over 10,000 hunting supporters
outside Parliament Square clashed with police, injuring at least 17
people, including a policeman.
Some protesters had been launching missiles, including bottles and
fireworks, at police.
Clashes continued sporadically after the vote, but the crowd had begun to
disperse by 6:45pm after riot police were called in to calm the situation.
Earlier in parliament, four of the men ran out from behind the chair of
the speaker, charged with keeping the order in the House of Commons.
Another wrestled past a doorkeeper from a different entrance.
They were chased and eventually caught by officials live on television,
but not before one pointed a finger and ranted at the government minister
leading the debate, Alun Michael.
As the Commons resumed business following a half-hour delay deputy speaker
Sylvia Heal told lawmakers: "A very serious incident has taken place." She
said that an investigation was already underway and that speaker Michael
Martin would be receiving reports from the police and the parliamentary
security staff.
The incident will pose yet more security questions in Britain, coming just
a day after a man broke into Buckingham Palace grounds dressed as Batman
and stood on a ledge to protest for fathers' rights.
The fox hunting issue has been simmering since the Labour Party took power
in 1997, and came to a boil in September last year when more than 400,000
hunt supporters bore down on London for an unprecedented march.
Supporters insist the practice is an inalienable right and a rural
tradition which helps control countryside pests and provides thousands of
jobs.
Opponents say it is both elitist and barbaric, with a pack of dogs
tracking a live animal and then tearing it apart.
The Commons has voted before for a total ban, but opposition in the House
of Lords, rooted deeply in the land-owning aristocracy, stalled
legislation long enough for it to die on the order paper.

John wrote:
> "ash.bat" <ash.bat@virgin.net> wrote in
>

>>I could not believe the scenes on the news last night "though the
>>Bill was passed " or should I say railroaded through I could not
>>believe the heavy handed attacks by the police on both women children
>>and pensioners I watched in horror as people looked to be pushed from
>>the back into the police. Who then beat them back how unnecessary was
>>this act by the police.
>

> There are many reports such as the one that follows and if true, then
> frankly we did ourselves some serious harm yesterday. I personally can not
> blame the police for treating rioters with heavy hands and if the reports
> were correct, it isn’t the police at fault.
>

> Fox-hunting ban bill is approved

The poll tax bill was passed John, look what happened to that..These
twats up in arms over the demo, are the same people who encouraged
violence for their own ends, they made much of Tory cash for questions,
but have been taking LACS cash for votes. They get a 100 yr order on the
Cullen report to cover up the activities of Labour perverts. Its a very
strange morality they have, I've not quite grasped it.
Joe B

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Joe Bridgehouse <joesoap@cwcom.net> wrote in

Hi Joe,

> The poll tax bill was passed John, look what happened to that..These
> twats up in arms over the demo, are the same people who encouraged
> violence for their own ends, they made much of Tory cash for
> questions, but have been taking LACS cash for votes. They get a 100
> yr order on the Cullen report to cover up the activities of Labour
> perverts. Its a very strange morality they have, I've not quite
> grasped it. Joe B

Don’t get me wrong mate, I hate the tw@’s.
The consequences of this victory are extreme for shooters and mark the
beginning of the end for game shooters. It has already been stated that
once “they” have banned fox hunting and hunting with dogs, breeding
birds for targets will be their next agenda. Once completed they will
likely leave shooting rest for a while and move on to fishing.
Anyone who believes that this fox hunting debate isn’t relevant to the
rest of the countryside arena isn’t too bright.
There were many who wanted the march to be more activated (lol) and were
disappointed because it wasn’t. The Real CA has the anti’s running
scared, many believe that they will be subject to bombings and be
attacked. All said and done, we didn’t do ourselves and favours on
Wednesday.
The chaps who raided the commons made a right pig’s ear of it. I take my
hat off to them but they should have timed their actions better and not
raided in the middle of the debate *before* any voting was cast.
Labours back benchers have lost the party a lot of votes, a lot of
traditional votes. The Welsh valleys are full of terrier men, hunt
supporters, shooters, Lurcher owners and hunt supporters, if they have
back bone the will never vote Labour again.
We lose our traditions by the day as we slowly become new Europeans; if
it wasn’t for 5 ferrets and two dogs I’d be gone.

John

John wrote:
> Joe Bridgehouse <joesoap@cwcom.net> wrote in
>
> Hi Joe,
>

>>The poll tax bill was passed John, look what happened to that..These
>>twats up in arms over the demo, are the same people who encouraged
>>violence for their own ends, they made much of Tory cash for
>>questions, but have been taking LACS cash for votes. They get a 100
>>yr order on the Cullen report to cover up the activities of Labour
>>perverts. Its a very strange morality they have, I've not quite
>>grasped it. Joe B
>

> Don’t get me wrong mate, I hate the tw@’s.
> The consequences of this victory are extreme for shooters and mark the
> beginning of the end for game sho oters.Ithasalreadybeenstatedthat
> once “they” have banned fox hunting and hunting with dogs, breeding
> birds for targets will be their next agenda. Once completed they will
> likely leave shooting rest for a while and move on to fishing.
> Anyone who believes that this fox hunting debate isn’t relevant to the
> rest of the countryside arena isn’t too bright.
> There were many who wanted the march to be more activated (lol) and were
> disappointed because it wasn’t. The Real CA has the anti’s running
> scared, many believe that they will be subject to bombings and be
> attacked. All said and done, we didn’t do ourselves and favours on
> Wednesday.
> The chaps who raided the commons made a right pig’s ear of it. I take my
> hat off to them but they should have timed their actions better and not
> raided in the middle of the debate *before* any voting was cast.
> Labours back benchers have lost the party a lot of votes, a lot of
> traditional votes. The Welsh valleys are full of terrier men, hunt
> supporters, shooters, Lurcher owners and hunt supporters, if they have
> back bone the will never vote Labour again.
> We lose our traditions by the day as we slowly become new Europeans; if
> it wasn’t for 5 ferrets and two dogs I’d be gone.
>
> John
>
>My son is off to NZ next Feb, he can bring me over in two years, I'm going.
This country is becoming a totalitarian state, by consent.
Joe B

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

>>My son is off to NZ next Feb, he can bring me over in two years, I'm
>>going.
> This country is becoming a totalitarian state, by consent.
> Joe B

NZ is a country that I am considering. Auzzy land & USA are also on my
list and Canada.
I’m not sure what the future will bring me, so all options are open as far
as I am concerned.

John

lurch

On 19 Sep 2004 14:51:48 GMT, John <zero_one34@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Joe Bridgehouse <joesoap@cwcom.net> wrote in
>
>>>My son is off to NZ next Feb, he can bring me over in two years, I'm
>>>going.
>> This country is becoming a totalitarian state, by consent.
>> Joe B
>
>NZ is a country that I am considering. Auzzy land & USA are also on my
>list and Canada.
>I’m not sure what the future will bring me, so all options are open as far
>as I am concerned.
>
>John

States for me. Oz, NZ and Canada aren't too far behind us. Give them
another 10-20 years and they'll be the same story.
I reckon more like 50 years for the US so that'll be my time up.

--

Lurch <mark@cssdNo_OrgSPAM.ukTHANKS> wrote in

> On 19 Sep 2004 14:51:48 GMT, John <zero_one34@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Joe Bridgehouse <joesoap@cwcom.net> wrote in

>>> This country is becoming a totalitarian state, by consent.
>>> Joe B
>>
>>NZ is a country that I am considering. Auzzy land & USA are also on
>>my list and Canada.
>>I’m not sure what the future will bring me, so all options are open
>>as far as I am concerned.
>>
>>John
>
> States for me. Oz, NZ and Canada aren't too far behind us. Give
> them another 10-20 years and they'll be the same story.
> I reckon more like 50 years for the US so that'll be my time up.

The major factor for me is work.
If I knew that I could get a job then I would be off. (I have already
been offered two jobs over there but they are not near any deer).
Houses are very cheap and $150,000 will buy some very nice homes. Some
of my friends have already moved to the US and they tell me it’s easy
for an “English” person to find work.

John

lurch

On 20 Sep 2004 11:33:32 GMT, John <zero_one34@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The major factor for me is work.
>If I knew that I could get a job then I would be off. (I have already
>been offered two jobs over there but they are not near any deer).
>Houses are very cheap and $150,000 will buy some very nice homes. Some
>of my friends have already moved to the US and they tell me it’s easy
>for an “English” person to find work.
>
>John

I'd probably be buying a business or starting one.
I'm no good at working for other people, tried that - didn't suit me!

--
Mark

http://www.gunculture.net

"the subjects... may have arms for their defence"
English Bill of Rights

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

geoff_m@bigfoot.com wrote in news:jeq9m0ldv63jkgod7kh4m38fea30mqfe8s@
4ax.com:

> Depends on what skills you have. THere is a points system to get a
> residents permit. Having a real job offer here helps. THere are skills
> shortages in many areas (Fire engineers for example).
> FIrearms licenses are better than the UK (this is not hard). There is
> a background check with interviews, including family members, security
> (storage check) by the police, and you have to show a genuine interest
> in firearms (no probs if you are shooting in the UK). Handguns are
> much harder to get and very strictly controlled, but there is an
> active pistol shooting scene in NZ.
> www.police.govt.nz should have all the firearms info.
> Dogs will need to go through Quarentine - an expensive process but
> possible. THe ferrets are a noxious pest here, so I suspect you will
> be out of luck there. Can't help with the missus...
> Geoff

Thanks for the info Geoff.

John

TRENDING THREADS