Bronze, silver gold

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Looking at stalking prices Bronze trophies are more expensive.

How can you tell a bronze, silver, gold??

Cheers,

Dave

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

"Dave P" <davepnojunk@hotmail.com> wrote in news:2r7jlcF16dfi7U1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Looking at stalking prices Bronze trophies are more expensive.
>
> How can you tell a bronze, silver, gold??

IMHO this whole trophy thing is self destructive. These days you’re even
expected to pay for a miss. You’re expected to buy the trophy even if
you don’t want it and if you shoot the beast badly you’re expected to
buy a useless carcass @ £1.50 per Lb.

BTW it’s all done on the C.I.C formula system (if I recall correctly).
You measure all the different aspects of the antler, such a Beam length,
weight, span, colour, pearling, tines, coronets etc.
Each one is given points and in some cases the points are multiplied by
a factor (0.5, 0.3, 0.1 etc). At the end of it, you add up all the
points and compare to the below;

Bronze (105 – 114)
Silver (115 – 130)
Gold (130+)

(I think, or it could start at 95 (all this from a bad memory))

With experience you can estimate what head is what but it’s likely
you’ll be charged a bronze for a head that is inadequate or a bronze for
silver.
Do what the Americans do and say that you’re only interested in gold’s!
:)

John

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

> BTW it's all done on the C.I.C formula system (if I recall correctly).
> You measure all the different aspects of the antler, such a Beam length,
> weight, span, colour, pearling, tines, coronets etc.
> Each one is given points and in some cases the points are multiplied by
> a factor (0.5, 0.3, 0.1 etc). At the end of it, you add up all the
> points and compare to the below;
>
> Bronze (105 - 114)
> Silver (115 - 130)
> Gold (130+)
>
> (I think, or it could start at 95 (all this from a bad memory))
>
> With experience you can estimate what head is what but it's likely
> you'll be charged a bronze for a head that is inadequate or a bronze for
> silver.
> Do what the Americans do and say that you're only interested in gold's!
> :)
>

> John

Yikes. Not interested in trophies myself either but wanted to understand the
'lingo'.

Thanks,

Dave