wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
As you may or may not know, i am not a fan of THG (and i mean just that, the Tom's Hardware Guide). I do not usually agree with his benchmarking (as it is different many times from reality) and how biased he can be. However, i must give him credit for his recent video card testing. He tested the latest and greatest ATI and Nvidia cards in a p4 machine rather than an Athlon machine. I was suprised, to say the least. I mean, most people admit that the p4 is superior in memory transfer speeds and in most graphic applications, but Mr. AMD himself using the p4? Surprising :). So...good job Tom.

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games

G

I am not sure about him being biased. When he's in benchmarking mode, he has to say it as he sees it. If AMD kicks ass (and costs less) why should he not trumpet it?

Now that the P4 is better for some applications of today&now, he (and I guess you too) can trumpet about it all you two want.

My theory, is that he gives an extra pat on the back to those companies that are what we have left against an all out monopoly. See how he treated ATI? Although Nvidia's action was in almost anyone's book "business as usual" Dr. Tom (Mr. AMD to you) had to kick Nvidia's butt.