Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

When I boot uo windows 7 I only get a black screen with white cursor

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 28, 2013 6:46:59 PM

Hello, I turn on my computer to eventually get a black screen with white cursor that will move around. The Toshiba insignia comes up beforehand as well as the windows four square icon then it is to this black screen and white cursor. I cant seem to get the computer to boot up from Windows 7 installation disc. Sometimes I also get a BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot. message as well. I imagine there is a solution of sorts as it seems many people have had a similar problem. I have a freind who maybe able to fix it seeing he is a computer programmer but that is not until the end of the week. If anyhting else if you have had the same issue and reading this - you are not alone!
January 28, 2013 6:58:16 PM

just leave it at that screen for a while, sometimes it's windows doing some stuff at start-up.
m
0
l
March 4, 2013 4:16:21 AM

Nicolas Sydney said:
Hello, I turn on my computer to eventually get a black screen with white cursor that will move around. The Toshiba insignia comes up beforehand as well as the windows four square icon then it is to this black screen and white cursor. I cant seem to get the computer to boot up from Windows 7 installation disc. Sometimes I also get a BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot. message as well. I imagine there is a solution of sorts as it seems many people have had a similar problem. I have a freind who maybe able to fix it seeing he is a computer programmer but that is not until the end of the week. If anyhting else if you have had the same issue and reading this - you are not alone!



Hello did you ever figure out the problem to this?? .I am having the same problem with my toshiba satellite.It boots up only to a black screen with cursor. Thanks
m
0
l
Related resources
March 21, 2013 11:51:52 AM

sublimed_25 said:
Nicolas Sydney said:
Hello, I turn on my computer to eventually get a black screen with white cursor that will move around. The Toshiba insignia comes up beforehand as well as the windows four square icon then it is to this black screen and white cursor. I cant seem to get the computer to boot up from Windows 7 installation disc. Sometimes I also get a BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot. message as well. I imagine there is a solution of sorts as it seems many people have had a similar problem. I have a freind who maybe able to fix it seeing he is a computer programmer but that is not until the end of the week. If anyhting else if you have had the same issue and reading this - you are not alone!



Hello did you ever figure out the problem to this?? .I am having the same problem with my toshiba satellite.It boots up only to a black screen with cursor. Thanks


m
0
l
March 21, 2013 11:55:23 AM

Sorry no solution, but I have the same problem with a Toshiba Satellite Pro. Tried reloading Windows back to factory defaults but still the same!
Would be grateful if anyone has an answer to this one. Mine sometimes, rarely, manages to boot on its own, but normally have to run restore etc a few times first, takes ages. The only answer seems to be to leave it on all the time, it's fine once I run through all the restore processes a few times.
Thanks
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 21, 2013 11:56:16 AM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
March 21, 2013 1:45:59 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 

Sorry but how do I do that, should I have a DOS...HIRENS BOOT CD?
Ive run the windows HD diagnostics and it came out fine, but think you could be right though
m
0
l
a b $ Windows 7
March 21, 2013 1:47:51 PM

purplyblue said:
Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS... HIRENS BOOT CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 

Sorry but how do I do that, should I have a DOS...HIRENS BOOT CD?
Ive run the windows HD diagnostics and it came out fine, but think you could be right though


Hi :) 

DOWNLOAD >> Hirens cd >> write it to cd >>> boot from it >>> run FULL hard drive test.

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
!