Flicker problem>Help!

moab

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001
I have a Geforce 4 and have a tremendous amoutn of flicker wheni run games. I am running windows XP and am aware of the flicker problem bug and refresh rate going back to 60 hz when I game no matter what res and refresh rate I set in windows. However the refresh rate fix doesn not work on ym winfast card. IS my only option to install 98 on my other hard drive since this seems to be an xp specific problem?

UoMDeacon

Distinguished
May 14, 2002
THat is pretty strange, as the refresh-rate fix was made especially for the nVidia cards. Have you tried looking around for an updated version that supports the GF4s? Is your GF4 an MX or the actual one?

moab

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001
Ye... even updated it and it says Geforce 4 ti 4400 in the list of supported devices..but it wont recognize it. I looked on PlanetQuake and he said he was aware of the problem with the Winfast cards...So it looks like I either wait for a fix or load win 98 on my other hard drive. Any other suggestions?

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Doh, this must be just a winfast problem, lots of guys here using Visiontek and Leadtech GF4 TI's in Win XP Pro with no probs myself included. For one thing, go update your drivers, nvidia released new ones on their website Yesterday. Version 29.42 and they work pretty good, i'm usin them now.

If that doesnt work i'd exchange the Winfast for a Visiontek or Leadtech or install a dual boot system with Windows 98 and Windows XP. Which i do anyhow thanks to assed up support from Zoom for my usb V.90 Modem. ARgh.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

moab

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2001
Actually the winfast card is made by leadtek...Ill try the dual boot..I have the latest nvidia drivers..