Printer won't power on.

blackterminal

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Hi. We have an EPSON Stylus TX121 with CISS. The problem is, it doesn't power on anymore. It was working fine yesterday until this morning. I have tested it in different outlet (direct) since it is plugged via an extension cord. I also tried switching power cables but still no luck. What could be the problem and also the solution for this? Please help.

blackterminal

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Thank you for your reply. Have checked the printer plug and the fuse is okay. The bad news is, its the printer's motherboard that is damaged. I guess I'll just have to buy a new one, and different model. Hated that printer. Again, thank you.

alabu55

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Just wanted to share a solution for an Epson XP-520 that won't power up.

POWER SURGE SOLUTION.
1. Disconnect the power cable and the USB cable.
2. With the cables off, press and hold the power button down
4. Plug the live power cable into the printer while still pressing the power button.
5. Release the power button after 3 - 6 seconds
The printer should start up now and the problem should be gone.

bjwest1977

Distinguished
May 11, 2015
Thank you so much! This worked for me just as I was thinking of contacting manufacturer!!

Incandescent1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2008
This worked for my XP-700 which wouldn't power on after we had the smart meter installed. Just had a blue illuminated power button nothing else. Thank you!

km020214

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
ok i dont normally comment on forums but THIS WAS JUST PERFECT! you saved my day

Jul 18, 2018

Jul 18, 2018
alabu55's solution was the answer to the same problem I was having with my Epson Stylus NX215. It was working fine and then suddenly it wouldn't print, wouldn't turn off, and after I disconnected it and reconnected it back to power, it wouldn't power up again. Checked all the usual suspects and then found this thread. The POWER SURGE SOLUTION worked perfectly! The weird thing is, the power bar did not indicate any surge problem so it hadn't even occurred to me to check that specifically. Anyway, I don't usually post to forums but I joined this forum today simply to THANK YOU and post my success with your solution in hopes it will assist somebody else if they search for an answer to 'Epson Stylus NS215 printer won't turn on'.

Thank you for your clear and concise instructions -- it worked immediately. You just saved me worrying about how I was going to afford a new printer.

TRENDING THREADS