Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best virus protection w/ P.C tune up & identity protection

Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 28, 2013 10:47:22 PM

I need virus protection for my new PC gaming but I need to find a good one that has PC tune up & identity protection. I like software like AVG that has PC tune up software to keep my PC running longer & faster so it would be nice to get that, but I don't know what is the best.

Range: 20- 35$

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit

Thank you for reading this.
January 28, 2013 11:03:44 PM

Really 85 people look at this and not one can post a comment. :??: 
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:09:36 PM

Microsoft Security Essentials.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 11:10:31 PM

but that is free, he/she want to pay $20-35. and it doesn't have identity protection what ever that is.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:12:34 PM

Why would you want to pay for a 3rd party company to manage a piece of software that they didn't create? Microsoft built MSE to work WITH windows, not against it like all the other programs (Norton, AVG, McAfee, and so on).
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:14:43 PM

I am not ever going to use that it uses so much CPU and does not have identity or tune up features. :non: 

P.S: Please do not recommend Norton or Mcafee I have had better experiences w/ free software like AVG free anti or Avast.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:18:41 PM

Did you notice when you click he/she's link it says buy Microsoft security essentials hand book from amazon, just saying.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:22:40 PM

wait, how do you figure it uses too much CPU? And Windows has all of its "tune up" features built in. Anything else and you will end up messing something up. Once again, Microsoft developed their software, they know how to manage it best. And identity stuff is built into your web browser. If you don't know how to use what is built into Windows that is your fault. And if you don't know, its better to just ask.

PS your torrented copy of the Windows ISO IS NOT OFFICIAL! Microsoft does not produce their software with ANY 3rd party applications.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:27:29 PM

Did you know that you can type '1+1'(This is different for certain languages) in most passwords to tell the code true, yeah well a million hackers do and browsers don't know when a account is logged on in a different location and neither does regular free software protection, your system, OR YOU until it's too late.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:31:42 PM

My copy of windows is genuine.
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 11:39:12 PM

Quote:
Did you notice when you click he/she's link it says buy Microsoft security essentials hand book from amazon, just saying.

I don't see that.

Quote:
Did you know that you can type '1+1'(This is different for certain languages) in most passwords to tell the code true

What?

Quote:
yeah well a million hackers do and browsers don't know when a account is logged on in a different location and neither does regular free software protection, your system, OR YOU until it's too late.

but you are online now, how do you know you didn't get hack already?
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:40:56 PM

What I mean by tune up is things where I have to go in terminal or system variable and FREAKING FIX WINDOWS 7(I have done this before for the PATH variable(NO THANKS TO WINDOWS 7 OR OTHER MS PRODUCTS)) I want software that knows when this happens AND not ask me to fix it like so many Microsoft products.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:43:47 PM

rgd1101 said:
Quote:
Did you notice when you click he/she's link it says buy Microsoft security essentials hand book from amazon, just saying.

I don't see that.

Quote:
Did you know that you can type '1+1'(This is different for certain languages) in most passwords to tell the code true

What?

Quote:
yeah well a million hackers do and browsers don't know when a account is logged on in a different location and neither does regular free software protection, your system, OR YOU until it's too late.

but you are online now, how do you know you didn't get hack already?

How does this help me find virus protection?
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 11:44:16 PM

Norton Internet Security 2013
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 11:46:33 PM

or just use Linux.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:47:00 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Norton Internet Security 2013

Look at the comment about 5 above yours I said I don't want Norton, and I say why.
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 11:47:50 PM

Palidrome said:
How does this help me find virus protection?

it don't, just try to figure out what are you talking about.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:50:14 PM

rgd1101 said:
or just use Linux.

Before I made my computer that was plan but Linux does not like video games for win 7 even with W.I.N.E.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:50:41 PM

#1 there is no such thing as "terminal" in Windows... That is a Mac only feature...

#2 If ANY security program came with windows, IT IS TAMPERED WITH! Just because its genuine doesn't mean its not tampered with and something was bootstrapped...

#3 Windows 7 actually comes with all the tools necessary to PREVENT anything from getting on your machine, its when you allow something to get on that you need malware protection. (when you don't read that dialoged box and select "yes", yea your letting something install something on your machine. That is the BEST form of protection anyone can offer you)

#4 I still don't know how you can say MSE uses too much CPU power... It uses EXACTLY what you tell it. You can set it at 10% or you can set it at 100%...

So in summary you seem to be 1 of 3 users, the type that is completely ill informed about Windows... The type that ask for help, but really doesn't want it and just wants to bitch about something... or just someone that is trolling.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:54:21 PM

In summary, I gave you my advice (a official Microsoft partner and IT expert)... take it or leave it, its the best thing your money can buy...
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:54:21 PM

JefferyD90 said:
#1 there is no such thing as "terminal" in Windows... That is a Mac only feature...

#2 If ANY security program came with windows, IT IS TAMPERED WITH! Just because its genuine doesn't mean its not tampered with and something was bootstrapped...

#3 Windows 7 actually comes with all the tools necessary to PREVENT anything from getting on your machine, its when you allow something to get on that you need malware protection. (when you don't read that dialoged box and select "yes", yea your letting something install something on your machine. That is the BEST form of protection anyone can offer you)

#4 I still don't know how you can say MSE uses too much CPU power... It uses EXACTLY what you tell it. You can set it at 10% or you can set it at 100%...

So in summary you seem to be 1 of 3 users, the type that is completely ill informed about Windows... The type that ask for help, but really doesn't want it and just wants to bitch about something... or just someone that is trolling.

I wanted help with my PATH system variable and I got GOOD answers. What I want is virus protection that is not Norton or Mcafee and costs $20-35 so think of those or keep acting like I'm trolling.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:57:56 PM

Palidrome said:
I wanted help with my PATH system variable and I got GOOD answers I. What I want is virus protection that is not Norton or Mcafee and costs $20-35 so think of those or keep acting like I'm trolling.

So, let me put this in terms that maybe you can understand... By using ANY 3rd party program to do what your asking... its like buying a GM car, and then taking it to a Ford Dealer to get it fixed... THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT! I honestly think your just misinformed about Microsoft and what they actually do offer you.
m
0
l
January 28, 2013 11:58:06 PM

PS: I have seen hundreds of virus that disable the MS firewall before you say 'yes' and are instantly messaged.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 28, 2013 11:58:39 PM

here read it and pick it.
http://www.av-comparatives.org
Share
January 29, 2013 12:01:29 AM

JefferyD90 said:
So, let me put this in terms that maybe you can understand... By using ANY 3rd party program to do what your asking... its like buying a GM car, and then taking it to a Ford Dealer to get it fixed... THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT! I honestly think your just misinformed about Microsoft and what they actually do offer you.

I don't think you have been instant messaged a virus YOU CAN'T HIT NO!
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 12:03:00 AM

Palidrome said:
PS: I have seen hundreds of virus that disable the MS firewall before you say 'yes' and are instantly messaged.

Name one.
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 12:03:17 AM

Hi :) 

I fix viruses EVERY day in the computer shops I own....

The BEST PAID protection IS Norton...

The BEST FREE is MSE...

The WORST are what we call in the virus fixing trade , the 3 "A`s" = AVG, AVIRA, AVAST...

We see HUNDREDS of machines with those three AND VIRUSES....( I shouldn't complain really as I make a LOT of money from people who THINK those are protecting them)

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 12:04:05 AM

Best answer selected by Palidrome.
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 12:08:38 AM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I fix viruses EVERY day in the computer shops I own....

The BEST PAID protection IS Norton...

The BEST FREE is MSE...

The WORST are what we call in the virus fixing trade , the 3 "A`s" = AVG, AVIRA, AVAST...

We see HUNDREDS of machines with those three AND VIRUSES....( I shouldn't complain really as I make a LOT of money from people who THINK those are protecting them)

All the best Brett :) 

I agree, completely... The only reason I don't like Norton is it uses too many system resources, and it disables all of Microsoft's built in stuff (like Windows Firewall, which is the most comprehensive firewall on the market hands down, and Internet Explorers phishing scans and such). Even tho it does replace most of that with its own software, but like I said before its like having a Ford dealer repair your GM car.
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 12:11:47 AM

JefferyD90 said:
I agree, completely... The only reason I don't like Norton is it uses too many system resources, and it disables all of Microsoft's built in stuff (like Windows Firewall, which is the most comprehensive firewall on the market hands down, and Internet Explorers phishing scans and such). Even tho it does replace most of that with its own software, but like I said before its like having a Ford dealer repair your GM car.



Hi :) 

That resource problem was fixed in 2008...Norton on my machine at moment is using 0.2 %... pre 2008 that would have been 15 to 20%

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
January 29, 2013 8:01:46 PM

Brett928S2 said:
Hi :) 

I fix viruses EVERY day in the computer shops I own....

The BEST PAID protection IS Norton...

The BEST FREE is MSE...

The WORST are what we call in the virus fixing trade , the 3 "A`s" = AVG, AVIRA, AVAST...

We see HUNDREDS of machines with those three AND VIRUSES....( I shouldn't complain really as I make a LOT of money from people who THINK those are protecting them)

All the best Brett :) 

I am not using them for virus protection only identity and for a tune up to fix problems, AND HELL NO I HAVE SEEN SO MANY IMs for Norton and don't tell me no there is no such thing as a IM that kills Norton.
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a c 395 $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 8:08:54 PM

Plus 1 to Brett , Norton and GDATA Internet Security are 2 of the lightest suites around.
m
0
l
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 8:47:23 PM

Palidrome said:
I am not using them for virus protection only identity and for a tune up to fix problems, AND HELL NO I HAVE SEEN SO MANY IMs for Norton and don't tell me no there is no such thing as a IM that kills Norton.



Hi :) 

Thats PRECISELY what I am telling you.... there is NO IM that knocks out Norton as you put it....

And I fix viruses EVERY DAY IN MY SHOPS...

You don't like my advice , that's fine.... you go get some bad protection AND VIRUSES...

All the best Brett :) 
m
0
l
!