Best virus protection w/ P.C tune up & identity protection

Palidrome

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I need virus protection for my new PC gaming but I need to find a good one that has PC tune up & identity protection. I like software like AVG that has PC tune up software to keep my PC running longer & faster so it would be nice to get that, but I don't know what is the best.

Range: 20- 35$

Operating system: Windows 7 64 bit

Thank you for reading this.

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
Why would you want to pay for a 3rd party company to manage a piece of software that they didn't create? Microsoft built MSE to work WITH windows, not against it like all the other programs (Norton, AVG, McAfee, and so on).

Palidrome

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I am not ever going to use that it uses so much CPU and does not have identity or tune up features. :non:

P.S: Please do not recommend Norton or Mcafee I have had better experiences w/ free software like AVG free anti or Avast.

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
wait, how do you figure it uses too much CPU? And Windows has all of its "tune up" features built in. Anything else and you will end up messing something up. Once again, Microsoft developed their software, they know how to manage it best. And identity stuff is built into your web browser. If you don't know how to use what is built into Windows that is your fault. And if you don't know, its better to just ask.

PS your torrented copy of the Windows ISO IS NOT OFFICIAL! Microsoft does not produce their software with ANY 3rd party applications.

Palidrome

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Did you know that you can type '1+1'(This is different for certain languages) in most passwords to tell the code true, yeah well a million hackers do and browsers don't know when a account is logged on in a different location and neither does regular free software protection, your system, OR YOU until it's too late.

rgd1101

Don't
Did you notice when you click he/she's link it says buy Microsoft security essentials hand book from amazon, just saying.
I don't see that.

Did you know that you can type '1+1'(This is different for certain languages) in most passwords to tell the code true
What?

yeah well a million hackers do and browsers don't know when a account is logged on in a different location and neither does regular free software protection, your system, OR YOU until it's too late.
but you are online now, how do you know you didn't get hack already?

Palidrome

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
What I mean by tune up is things where I have to go in terminal or system variable and FREAKING FIX WINDOWS 7(I have done this before for the PATH variable(NO THANKS TO WINDOWS 7 OR OTHER MS PRODUCTS)) I want software that knows when this happens AND not ask me to fix it like so many Microsoft products.

Palidrome

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

How does this help me find virus protection?

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
#1 there is no such thing as "terminal" in Windows... That is a Mac only feature...

#2 If ANY security program came with windows, IT IS TAMPERED WITH! Just because its genuine doesn't mean its not tampered with and something was bootstrapped...

#3 Windows 7 actually comes with all the tools necessary to PREVENT anything from getting on your machine, its when you allow something to get on that you need malware protection. (when you don't read that dialoged box and select "yes", yea your letting something install something on your machine. That is the BEST form of protection anyone can offer you)

#4 I still don't know how you can say MSE uses too much CPU power... It uses EXACTLY what you tell it. You can set it at 10% or you can set it at 100%...

So in summary you seem to be 1 of 3 users, the type that is completely ill informed about Windows... The type that ask for help, but really doesn't want it and just wants to bitch about something... or just someone that is trolling.

Palidrome

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

I wanted help with my PATH system variable and I got GOOD answers. What I want is virus protection that is not Norton or Mcafee and costs $20-35 so think of those or keep acting like I'm trolling.

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012

So, let me put this in terms that maybe you can understand... By using ANY 3rd party program to do what your asking... its like buying a GM car, and then taking it to a Ford Dealer to get it fixed... THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT! I honestly think your just misinformed about Microsoft and what they actually do offer you.

Palidrome

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013

I don't think you have been instant messaged a virus YOU CAN'T HIT NO!