What the heck happened???

G

I just finished putting together <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=10639" target="_new">my first system</A>, and it was workin fine for about 20 minutes as I installed the motherboard and video card drivers. Then I threw in my Netgear NIC and it worked fine for about 15 minutes, then everything went off. Since then I havent been able to get any power. Im pretty sure it's the PS but I was wondering if anybody else had any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

-PZ

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
It's possible that your power supply was getting overloaded, and the extra NIC was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I killed a 440LX motherboard that way...

Kelledin

"/join #hackerz. See the Web. DoS interesting people."

G

Could my system really overload a 300w power supply? And if I did what are the chances that the motherboard is damaged?

G

yup yup sound like power supply ko'd one almost the same way

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Yup its the PS. Dually's need a hell of alot more more power then a single but that Athlon need lots of watts of power "70+ W. i believe could be wrong". Well i have a 450w PS and it ready to roll over a die.

Well i found a new 200w AT powersupply for $10 for my harddrive + dvd + cd-rw's + floppys.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

Thanks for the replies guys. I went ahead and replaced the power supply with another 300w one. It's workin good again with the bare essentials. I'll wait until I get my Enermax EG465P-VE, which I'll order tomorrow, before hooking up anything else.