Sluggish/Freeze Mouse After Upgrading to Windows 7

My desktop computer came with Windows Vista 64 bit and it is an HP. I upgraded to windows 7 and since then my mouse has been freezing and sluggish when trying to do things in the browser (Mozzilla) or just going through documents. I have tried several mouses a USB and a wireless and still having the same problem. Is my computer not suited for Windows 7? How can I fix this.

Specs

Processor: AMD Phenom X4 9750 AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor
Memory: DDR2 8192 Mbyttes Dual Channels
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
5 answers Last reply
More about sluggish freeze mouse upgrading windows
  1. did you check on hp if you model is supported for windows 7 you could try to use vista driver or the win 7 generic one since this connect on a usb port .
  2. Where can I check to see if it is ready for Windows 7?
  3. Did you install 64 bit windows? I'm honestly not sure if it makes difference if you use 32 bit on a 64 bit processor but (and this is just what i noticed) when i ran minecraft with 32 bit java on a 64 bit machine the performance actually suffered vs improved. Again this is just a thought but it could be the issue.
  4. I installed 64 bit and just did a re-install of it with a complete system wipe and I am still having the same problem.
  5. use the name and model of it and go to hp find if it been having support for win 7 in the driver files .
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7