Lenovo's New All-In-One Desktop, IdeaPad Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet another company stuck a laptop on the back of a monitor. Congrats.

Is it just me, or do those notebooks resemble macs? Why does everyone find them so attractive? They're ugly!

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Lenevo is not a really good manufacturer. One thing you have to remember with them is you will probably have to deal with thier horrible customer support.

vider

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
I hope they will be better than Apple's MacPaper Laptops, falchard. You want to say that ever since IBM had more than 60% of their shares bought by Lenovo, their service and products became really horrible? I always liked the big giant and grew to think that the big giant is good at making laptops and PCs.

G

I wouldn't call it 'frame-less' since obviously it does have a frame...
I don't even know why you name it frameless... A frameless design is like the Panasonic Prototype of their OLED LCD screens. Basically one layer of class, with the oleds glued on the back.
That's 'frameless'.

chris312

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
I figured laptops would start coming in 16:9 this year, but I wouldn't have guessed one of the first brands to adopt 16:9 would be Lenovo.

If only there was a higher resolution option. The Sony Vaio Z is only 13.1 inches and it offers a 1600x900 option. 1080p on the Y650 would make it the ultimate lightweight portable media center IMO.

G

No.. Some of the companies actually have their own design units and only out source production. Lenovo is unique in that it designs as well has some of it's own in house manufacturing capacity.

rogerk88

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
The IdeaCentre A600 all-in-one offers several connectivity options including high-speed WiFi, a 6-in-1 media card reader, side-mounted USB and FireWire ports with additional USB ports on the rear of the panel. The all-in-one Lenovo Desktops also features VeriFace facial recognition technology which allows users to use his/her facial image as the logon password.

rogerk88

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
The IdeaCentre A600 all-in-one offers several connectivity options including high-speed WiFi, a 6-in-1 media card reader, side-mounted USB and FireWire ports with additional USB ports on the rear of the panel. The all-in-one Lenovo Desktops also features VeriFace facial recognition technology which allows users to use his/her facial image as the logon password.

Status
Not open for further replies.