HDMI Receiver for Windows?

Mesden

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012
I have something which connects to my TV via HDMI, but in order to be able to use it I have to switch inputs on my TV. Is there something I can download which will allow me to use this device in Windows through the same HDMI connection?

Not sure what you are asking, are you looking for a remote way to swap inputs on the TV from Windows? No way unless the TV has that option built-in.

Unless you are asking something else and just did not make the question very clear. What you mean by "same HDMI connection"? You need to list a reference, you can't just say stuff like "I want the room to be the same color", you need to say same as what color? And don't assume we know what you are looking at, "I want the room to be same color as my car" is also a bit useless unless you also say what your car color is. So same HDMI connection as what?

Mesden

Honorable
Nov 10, 2012

You know how you can have a piece of software on your computer that will open up a window WITHIN Windows and allow you to watch TV? I'm looking for something that will open up a small window within Windows that will allow me to use my Blu-Ray Player or my PS3 or something without actually having to switch the input on the Television.

That's called Picture In Picture (PIP), if your TV has it, you can use it. If not, you can't add it to the TV.

You can't play the PS3 from Windows. You can record from it though if you get a video capture card and split the signal from the PS3.

Unless you are talking about having the video of the PS3 on the PC monitor, in which case you can as long as you get a monitor with enough inputs and swap between them. Some PC monitors have PIP or split screen capability, but a smaller TV would be cheaper.