Sign in with
Your question

Installation troubles

Last response: in Windows 7
January 29, 2013 2:41:01 AM

So I recently built my first computer, and I was so excited it was going great, I installed all my drivers, and downloaded some of the software, steam, itunes etc. Anyway I will try to break this down to make this easier to follow
-I stepped away while it was downloading LoL
-I came back to see a screen saying Windows could not repair this computer automatically
-I performed some of the options, reverting to an earlier state, and even using the repair tool on windows itself
-I then attempted to reinstall windows entirely, and I would just move some key files over from the Windows.old file
-Instead my computer asked me to select which windows I wanted to run, after trying them both neither worked
-after surfing the internet I didn't find a lot of help, so I used the command prompt to clear my hard drive, I had figured I would just have to reinstall a few drivers and download some stuff no big deal
-but instead my computer still prompts me to select one of two windows to run, again neither working
-now installing off of the disk doesn't even finish

All I want is to start fresh any thoughts on clearing the two useless OS?

More about : installation troubles

a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 3:34:51 AM

Follow the instructions found HERE for tons of help in getting your computer back into working shape.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 353 $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 12:23:42 PM

Do a disk check on the hard-drive, you may have a utility you can run from the drive vendor, or try a generic one like HDDScan http://hddscan.com/
m
l
Related resources
January 29, 2013 1:08:47 PM

hedwar2011 said:
Follow the instructions found HERE for tons of help in getting your computer back into working shape.

Once I got to the windows update part of the instillation a blue screen popped up saying windows stopped process in order to stop your computer from being harmed
m
l
January 29, 2013 1:10:15 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Do a disk check on the hard-drive, you may have a utility you can run from the drive vendor, or try a generic one like HDDScan http://hddscan.com/

there is nothing on my hard drive
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 353 $ Windows 7
January 31, 2013 1:42:51 PM

flamediger said:
Once I got to the windows update part of the instillation a blue screen popped up saying windows stopped process in order to stop your computer from being harmed

Try different RAM, or one stick at a time if you have several installed. You can do a disk check with a boot disk, don't need Windows installed.
m
l
!