Q: Problem with USB memory key and Latitude c840

Greetings,

I just obtained a Dell 128 MB memory key that had shipped with an 8400 desktop (the key is one of those gray ones, not the black ones). I
was hoping to use it with my Latitude C840 laptop running WInXP (now with SP2), but it doesn't recognize it at all. No 'Add hardware'
notice, nothing.

Is there a chance that the laptop is incompatible with the key, or is there somthing else I should look for?
-Mark
3 answers Last reply
More about problem memory latitude c840

    possibly faulty USB port???
    "Cueball" <bray@REvuseMOVE.vanderbilt.edu> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I just obtained a Dell 128 MB memory key that had shipped with an 8400
    > desktop (the key is one of those gray ones, not the black ones). I
    > was hoping to use it with my Latitude C840 laptop running WInXP (now with
    > SP2), but it doesn't recognize it at all. No 'Add hardware'
    > notice, nothing.
    >
    > Is there a chance that the laptop is incompatible with the key, or is
    > there somthing else I should look for?
    > -Mark

    remove the usb ports from device manager and reboot

    In article <4mh3k0lds8v1kit9s2p8rn7b1p26vf033i@4ax.com>,
    bray@REvuseMOVE.vanderbilt.edu (Cueball) says...

    > Is there a chance that the laptop is incompatible with the key, or is there somthing else I should look for?

    Latitudes have flaky USB ports. Do other USB devices work?

    --
    http://home.teleport.com/~larryc

Dell Latitude Memory Computers