Q: Problem with USB memory key and Latitude c840

Tags:
  • Dell
  • Latitude
  • Memory
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
a b } Memory
September 10, 2004 3:29:36 PM

Greetings,

I just obtained a Dell 128 MB memory key that had shipped with an 8400 desktop (the key is one of those gray ones, not the black ones). I
was hoping to use it with my Latitude C840 laptop running WInXP (now with SP2), but it doesn't recognize it at all. No 'Add hardware'
notice, nothing.

Is there a chance that the laptop is incompatible with the key, or is there somthing else I should look for?
-Mark

More about : problem usb memory key latitude c840

September 11, 2004 2:29:44 AM

possibly faulty USB port???
"Cueball" <bray@REvuseMOVE.vanderbilt.edu> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I just obtained a Dell 128 MB memory key that had shipped with an 8400
> desktop (the key is one of those gray ones, not the black ones). I
> was hoping to use it with my Latitude C840 laptop running WInXP (now with
> SP2), but it doesn't recognize it at all. No 'Add hardware'
> notice, nothing.
>
> Is there a chance that the laptop is incompatible with the key, or is
> there somthing else I should look for?
> -Mark
September 11, 2004 4:03:56 AM

remove the usb ports from device manager and reboot

"Fixer" <steve@kelly90.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> possibly faulty USB port???
> "Cueball" <bray@REvuseMOVE.vanderbilt.edu> wrote in message
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I just obtained a Dell 128 MB memory key that had shipped with an 8400
>> desktop (the key is one of those gray ones, not the black ones). I
>> was hoping to use it with my Latitude C840 laptop running WInXP (now with
>> SP2), but it doesn't recognize it at all. No 'Add hardware'
>> notice, nothing.
>>
>> Is there a chance that the laptop is incompatible with the key, or is
>> there somthing else I should look for?
>> -Mark

Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 12, 2004 9:48:52 PM

In article <4mh3k0lds8v1kit9s2p8rn7b1p26vf033i@4ax.com>,
bray@REvuseMOVE.vanderbilt.edu (Cueball) says...

> Is there a chance that the laptop is incompatible with the key, or is there somthing else I should look for?

Latitudes have flaky USB ports. Do other USB devices work?

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc
!