  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
December 13, 2004 12:37:50 AM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Just bought a my first Lanber from the local gunroom a couple of months
back. Recently have been trying to find out a little more about it and would
like to find out a model number if possible.
I'm afraid I havn't a clue about the age of it, but it looks very similar in
design to the current sporting model at the top of this page
(http://www.olin.com.au/products/Lanber/New_Lanbers.htm) but without the
gold tinted trigger. Unlike this particular model mine has 28" barrels and
fixed chokes (1/2, 1/4).

Not sure which features help to distinguish between the different models
within the Lanber range so if any more info is needed please let me know.

Many thanks in advance

--
Steevo

More about : lanber models distinguish

Anonymous
December 15, 2004 10:49:00 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Hi Steevo I too recently bought a new Lanber and also had difficulty finding
out the exact model. I checked on the literature that accompanied my gun and
I would hazzard a gues that yours could be a model 2081 or 2082,2083,2084or
even a 2085.
I got the multichoke version and am well pleased with it. I usually shoot a
semi auto but seem to be getting better scores with the lanber. Good luck
with it
BT
"Steevo" <steevo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message
> Just bought a my first Lanber from the local gunroom a couple of months
> back. Recently have been trying to find out a little more about it and
would
> like to find out a model number if possible.
> I'm afraid I havn't a clue about the age of it, but it looks very similar
in
> design to the current sporting model at the top of this page
> (http://www.olin.com.au/products/Lanber/New_Lanbers.htm) but without the
> gold tinted trigger. Unlike this particular model mine has 28" barrels and
> fixed chokes (1/2, 1/4).
>
> Not sure which features help to distinguish between the different models
> within the Lanber range so if any more info is needed please let me know.
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> --
> Steevo

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 1:05:32 AM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Thanks for that mate, any idea as to what the differences between those
models are? Must say you were lucky to be able to get yourself a nice brand
spanking new Lanber - had to settle for 2nd hand. Still, it's a really nice
gun to handle and the previous owner(s) taken excellent care of it, just a
few bits of varnish chipped and that's about it.

Will have to remember fellow Lanber owners, nice to know people with similar
guns to yours (especially when something goes wrong or you need help!).

Many thanks for your post!

--
Steevo

"Bill Turner" <turner_mexbro@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi Steevo I too recently bought a new Lanber and also had difficulty
> finding
> out the exact model. I checked on the literature that accompanied my gun
> and
> I would hazzard a gues that yours could be a model 2081 or
> 2082,2083,2084or
> even a 2085.
> I got the multichoke version and am well pleased with it. I usually shoot
> semi auto but seem to be getting better scores with the lanber. Good luck
> with it
> BT
> "Steevo" <steevo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Just bought a my first Lanber from the local gunroom a couple of months
>> back. Recently have been trying to find out a little more about it and
> would
>> like to find out a model number if possible.
>> I'm afraid I havn't a clue about the age of it, but it looks very similar
> in
>> design to the current sporting model at the top of this page
>> (http://www.olin.com.au/products/Lanber/New_Lanbers.htm) but without the
>> gold tinted trigger. Unlike this particular model mine has 28" barrels
>> and
>> fixed chokes (1/2, 1/4).
>>
>> Not sure which features help to distinguish between the different models
>> within the Lanber range so if any more info is needed please let me know.
>>
>> Many thanks in advance
>>
>> --
>> Steevo

December 16, 2004 3:41:30 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Hi Steevo the differences are very slight, the 2081 and the 2084 both have
double triggers but apart from a small weight difference of point two of a
pound they seem to be the same.
LANBERS RULE!
> Thanks for that mate, any idea as to what the differences between those
> models are? Must say you were lucky to be able to get yourself a nice
brand
> spanking new Lanber - had to settle for 2nd hand. Still, it's a really
nice
> gun to handle and the previous owner(s) taken excellent care of it, just a
> few bits of varnish chipped and that's about it.
>
> Will have to remember fellow Lanber owners, nice to know people with
similar
> guns to yours (especially when something goes wrong or you need help!).
>
> Many thanks for your post!
>
> --
> Steevo
>

> "Bill Turner" <turner_mexbro@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Steevo I too recently bought a new Lanber and also had difficulty
> > finding
> > out the exact model. I checked on the literature that accompanied my gun
> > and
> > I would hazzard a gues that yours could be a model 2081 or
> > 2082,2083,2084or
> > even a 2085.
> > I got the multichoke version and am well pleased with it. I usually
shoot
> > semi auto but seem to be getting better scores with the lanber. Good
luck
> > with it
> > BT
> > "Steevo" <steevo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> Just bought a my first Lanber from the local gunroom a couple of months
> >> back. Recently have been trying to find out a little more about it and
> > would
> >> like to find out a model number if possible.
> >> I'm afraid I havn't a clue about the age of it, but it looks very
similar
> > in
> >> design to the current sporting model at the top of this page
> >> (http://www.olin.com.au/products/Lanber/New_Lanbers.htm) but without
the
> >> gold tinted trigger. Unlike this particular model mine has 28" barrels
> >> and
> >> fixed chokes (1/2, 1/4).
> >>
> >> Not sure which features help to distinguish between the different
models
> >> within the Lanber range so if any more info is needed please let me
know.

> >> Many thanks in advance
> >>
> >> --
> >> Steevo

Anonymous
December 16, 2004 5:35:55 PM

Bill Turner wrote:
> Hi Steevo the differences are very slight, the 2081 and the 2084 both have
> double triggers but apart from a small weight difference of point two of a
> pound they seem to be the same.
> LANBERS RULE!
> "Steevo" <steevo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message
>
>>Thanks for that mate, any idea as to what the differences between those
>>models are? Must say you were lucky to be able to get yourself a nice
>
> brand
>
>>spanking new Lanber - had to settle for 2nd hand. Still, it's a really
>
> nice
>
>>gun to handle and the previous owner(s) taken excellent care of it, just a
>>few bits of varnish chipped and that's about it.
>>
>>Will have to remember fellow Lanber owners, nice to know people with
>
> similar
>
>>guns to yours (especially when something goes wrong or you need help!).
>>
>>Many thanks for your post!
>>
>>--
>>Steevo
>>

>>"Bill Turner" <turner_mexbro@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hi Steevo I too recently bought a new Lanber and also had difficulty
>>>finding
>>>out the exact model. I checked on the literature that accompanied my gun
>>>and
>>>I would hazzard a gues that yours could be a model 2081 or
>>>2082,2083,2084or
>>>even a 2085.
>>>I got the multichoke version and am well pleased with it. I usually
>
> shoot

>>>semi auto but seem to be getting better scores with the lanber. Good
>
> luck
>
>>>with it
>>>BT
>>>"Steevo" <steevo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message

>>>would

> similar
>
>>>in

> the

> models

> know.

2 things

1 post at the bottom
2 no they don't

happy christmas
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 6:43:29 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Sorry but I have never understood this post at the bottom stuff. I actualy
thought I was doing. Maybe Chrisu you would take the time to explain what
you mean and not just post a cryptic message.
What is really interesting here is that a chap asks for information that you
may be able to help with and when you do you receive a completely off
subject remark about posting at the bottom. Now I for one find that kind of
thing very confusing. If this group was huge with a hundred postings a day I
could understand receiving criticism but its not...so I cant...
Merry Christmas
Anonymous
December 16, 2004 9:10:59 PM

> Sorry but I have never understood this post at the bottom stuff. I actualy
> thought I was doing. Maybe Chrisu you would take the time to explain what
> you mean and not just post a cryptic message.
> What is really interesting here is that a chap asks for information that
> you
> may be able to help with and when you do you receive a completely off
> subject remark about posting at the bottom. Now I for one find that kind
> of
> thing very confusing. If this group was huge with a hundred postings a day
> could understand receiving criticism but its not...so I cant...
> Merry Christmas

Thanks again for your posts, Bill. As for posting at the bottom, this is the
way it's supposed to be done. By adding your new message at the bottom of
the post it reads more fluently if you start at the top, and as you scroll
down the posts are viewed in the order they were posted. This is especially
useful when questions are asked because the answer follows the question
rather than preceding it.

--
Steevo
Anonymous

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

"Bill Turner" <turner_mexbro@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Sorry but I have never understood this post at the bottom stuff. I actualy
> thought I was doing. Maybe Chrisu you would take the time to explain what
> you mean and not just post a cryptic message.
> What is really interesting here is that a chap asks for information that
> you
> may be able to help with and when you do you receive a completely off
> subject remark about posting at the bottom. Now I for one find that kind
> of
> thing very confusing. If this group was huge with a hundred postings a day
> could understand receiving criticism but its not...so I cant...
> Merry Christmas

I'm with you on that! Top posting to me is OK - You click down the messages
and you can see what people have put, rather than having to scroll all the
way down to the bottom - and anyway, most people trim a lot of the rubbish
off the top....

And as you say, for the amount of 'traffic' on these sites who cares if you
follow 'Netequette' (And aren't we supposed to be shooters and not nerds?)

And I had a Lanber Sporting M/C and it was the dogs!
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 2:51:24 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Thanks for that, Bill. In that case it narrows it down to either the 82,83
or 85 since mine is a single trigger version.

Many thanks

--

> Hi Steevo the differences are very slight, the 2081 and the 2084 both have
> double triggers but apart from a small weight difference of point two of a
> pound they seem to be the same.
> LANBERS RULE!
> "Steevo" <steevo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for that mate, any idea as to what the differences between those
>> models are? Must say you were lucky to be able to get yourself a nice
> brand
>> spanking new Lanber - had to settle for 2nd hand. Still, it's a really
> nice
>> gun to handle and the previous owner(s) taken excellent care of it, just
>> few bits of varnish chipped and that's about it.
>>
>> Will have to remember fellow Lanber owners, nice to know people with
> similar
>> guns to yours (especially when something goes wrong or you need help!).
>>
>> Many thanks for your post!
>>
>> --
>> Steevo
>>

>> "Bill Turner" <turner_mexbro@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Steevo I too recently bought a new Lanber and also had difficulty
>> > finding
>> > out the exact model. I checked on the literature that accompanied my
>> > gun
>> > and
>> > I would hazzard a gues that yours could be a model 2081 or
>> > 2082,2083,2084or
>> > even a 2085.
>> > I got the multichoke version and am well pleased with it. I usually
> shoot
>> > semi auto but seem to be getting better scores with the lanber. Good
> luck
>> > with it
>> > BT
>> > "Steevo" <steevo@uk2k.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > would
> similar
>> > in
> the

> models
> know.

Anonymous
December 21, 2004 7:51:07 PM

Graham Gowland wrote:
> "Bill Turner" <turner_mexbro@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>
>>Sorry but I have never understood this post at the bottom stuff. I actualy
>>thought I was doing. Maybe Chrisu you would take the time to explain what
>>you mean and not just post a cryptic message.
>>What is really interesting here is that a chap asks for information that
>>you
>>may be able to help with and when you do you receive a completely off
>>subject remark about posting at the bottom. Now I for one find that kind
>>of
>>thing very confusing. If this group was huge with a hundred postings a day
>>could understand receiving criticism but its not...so I cant...
>>Merry Christmas
>>

> I'm with you on that! Top posting to me is OK - You click down the messages
> and you can see what people have put, rather than having to scroll all the
> way down to the bottom - and anyway, most people trim a lot of the rubbish
> off the top....
>
> And as you say, for the amount of 'traffic' on these sites who cares if you
> follow 'Netequette' (And aren't we supposed to be shooters and not nerds?)
>
> And I had a Lanber Sporting M/C and it was the dogs!

so you're the sort of person who thinks its ok to drive on the right if
a country lane is quiet ? or its ok to walk round with a loaded gun
because there aren't many shooters around ? - ok so that example is
(hopefully) a bit extreme.

as JH said - rules or guidelines are there for a reason...........
Anonymous
January 1, 2005 6:43:00 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

I will, because it's the way my mail program is configured ;)
I also trim the unnecessary diatribe too, so you don't have to read what you
originally posted

JH wrote:

> Will you still top-post?
>
> Best regards to all for a happier 2005.
>
> J.
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 1:54:57 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 15:43:00 -0000, "Andy www.ukrabbiter.co.uk"
<andy@ukrabbiter.co.uk> wrote:

>I will, because it's the way my mail program is configured ;)
>I also trim the unnecessary diatribe too, so you don't have to read what you
>originally posted
>
>JH wrote:
>>
>> Will you still top-post?
>>
>> Best regards to all for a happier 2005.
>>
>> J.

Yes, but you can configure it to bottom post.

J.
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 8:31:17 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

No I can't, I use Outlook Express to read my newsgroups,
and it doesn't allow such alterations of the program :D

JH wrote:
> Andy www.ukrabbiter.co.uk wrote:
>
>>I will, because it's the way my mail program is configured ;)
>>I also trim the unnecessary diatribe too, so you don't have to read what
>>you
>>originally posted
>>
>>JH wrote:
>>>
>>> Will you still top-post?
>>>
>>> Best regards to all for a happier 2005.
>>>
>>> J.
>>

> Yes, but you can configure it to bottom post.
>
> J.
January 2, 2005 9:17:06 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

"Andy www.ukrabbiter.co.uk" <andy@ukrabbiter.co.uk> wrote in

> No I can't, I use Outlook Express to read my newsgroups,
> and it doesn't allow such alterations of the program :D

ANDY, WHY DON’T YOU JUST GET “XNEWS”?
IT’S FREE AND MY KEYBOARD HAS JUST STUCK ON CAPITALS :(

JOHN
Anonymous
January 2, 2005 10:47:47 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:31:17 -0000, "Andy www.ukrabbiter.co.uk"
<andy@ukrabbiter.co.uk> wrote:

>No I can't, I use Outlook Express to read my newsgroups,
>and it doesn't allow such alterations of the program :D

Yes you can. If you can cut stuff out and insert text: you can put it
at the bottom.

Get Agent : best money you will ever spend:
J.

(Outlook Express is worth precicely what you paid for it...)
January 3, 2005 2:32:51 AM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

JH <jacques@nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in

> Get Agent : best money you will ever spend:
> J.
>
> (Outlook Express is worth precicely what you paid for it...)

IMHO I personally like outlook express, it’s easy to use and it’s free!
Agent is a pain if you use different servers.
Xnews will do everything Agent will do, but again Xnews is free :)

John
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 2:06:45 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

Thanks for the info JH now that I know what I am doing my "top posting" will
stop.
All I wanted was for a poster whose name I have long since forgotten to
explain what was meant by top posting.
JH! Have a happy new year safe in the knowledge that you started the year in
giving help without being asked. THANKS
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:38:07 PM

Archived from groups: uk.rec.shooting.clays,uk.rec.shooting.game (More info?)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:06:45 +0000 (UTC), "Bill Turner"
<turner_mexbro@btopenworld.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the info JH now that I know what I am doing my "top posting" will
>stop.
>All I wanted was for a poster whose name I have long since forgotten to
>explain what was meant by top posting.
>JH! Have a happy new year safe in the knowledge that you started the year in
>giving help without being asked. THANKS

No problem.

Have a good 2005 yourself: and to all the other posters.

J.
!