2 new monitors

gordo_45

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Hi,

I just bought my kids 2 new systems to build themselves for christmas,

Now i need monitors
i am looking for 2 HDMI 1080p screens for around $200 each mainly for gaming use..the bigger the better of course.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be welcome...as its the 23'rd i will need them to be available in stores (futureshop, best buy etc...)

Thanks
Gordo_45

gordo_45

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
you right i went with 2 VX2450WM-LED's i wanted HDMI because the cards i bought are xtx HD-687A-ZNFC and i had heard that to hook up more than one monitor you couldnt use 2 x DVI for some reason had to be combination hdmi-dvi hdmi-miniport dvi-miniport and so on as they have dvi monitors already i thought hdmi was the way to go for multiple monitors but to hell with it didnt have time to wait lol thanks

gordo_45

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
oh and i know i can use a dvi to hdmi adapter if i wanted...i run a custom cable shop and get any cables i need lol those HDMI cable they sell in the stores at $65.00 for a 6ft we get for around $3.50ea..our own brand :) when i bought the monitors the guy wanted to sell me DVI cables i offered to sell him some at 75% off their price and better quality lol