Sign in with
Your question

Need Intel PIII 700 Slot 1

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 18, 2001 11:14:15 PM

Hello,
I have been unable to find an inexpensive Intel PIII 700 Slot 1. Does anyone here know where I can get one? I would actually prefer a used one, if any of you have some spares, so I can save some money.

Also, what heatsink/fan should I get for a Slot 1 PIII?

More about : intel piii 700 slot

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2001 12:02:08 AM

Yeah, yeah, I know of that, who doesn't? :-)

But $97 is a little high for one. Plus I'd rather have a used one to save a bit of cash. Ebay doesn't have any good ones either, so...
Related resources
August 19, 2001 12:14:14 AM

It's a matter of supply and demand. If I had one to sell it would not be offered for less than the lowest price on PriceWatch. The only way you will get a better price is if you find a patsy who dosen't know the score.

<font color=green>I wonder...what is the speed of gravity!</font color=green> :smile: <font color=red>Change the sig of the week</font color=red>
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2001 4:32:49 AM

I actually recommend the FC-PGA 700E mounted to an Abit Slotket III, because this gives you the option to raise your core voltage for overclocking. Match that to an Evercool ND-8 cooler, because it is lower profile than comparable coolers, meaning it is less likley to interfere with nearby memory slots, etc.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!
August 19, 2001 5:23:46 AM

that <i>IS</i> a better solution. and it wil be cheaper than the slot1 700!

girish

<font color=blue>die-hard fans don't have heat-sinks!</font color=blue>
a b à CPUs
August 19, 2001 6:10:35 AM

Yes, that's what I have in my BX system. Originally I had a VolcanoII but it's hight interfered with the fourth memory slot. So I decided to try the ND-8. It's about 12mm shorter and cools better, partly because it uses a more powerfull fan and partly because it uses a different Aluminum alloy with greater density.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!
!