celeron fcpga 370 smp

G

does anyone know if it is possiable to mod a celeron fcpga 900mhz/100fsb to make it run in a smp . any ideas on this would be greatly welcomed.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you can try the <A HREF="http://www.friendtech.com/PIII.htm" target="_new">Powerleap FCPGA to Slot 1 adapter</A> along with the Asus P2B-D series boards. This convertor is SMP compliant and should (although not stated so) run the Celeron 900.

native socket370 SMP celeron solutions are too hard to find. maybe you will need to modify the Celeron processor pins, I read it somewhere but cant recall.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

G

mmmmm pity i have an abit vp6. dam you intel. there are ways to mod older celerons but so far i have found no mods for a fcpga cpu.

if there is a will there is a way.

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i doubt FCPGA celerons SMP at all!

checking their datasheets... will get back!

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've been told by my sources at Intel that the Celeron has SMP disabled. But he didn't say how.
The Celeron starts it's life as a PIII and then, if it fails the cache test on one side, the connections are blown on that side. So it wouldn't surprize me if the did a similar thing with a communications link that lets two processors communincate.

I'm so tired of cookies I'd settle for spam!