1920 x 1080 moniter,bad fps etc

sunzzofman

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012
i have a 22 inch (i think) lg moniter thats native resolution is 1920 x 1080,so im having to run everything including games at that resolution,but as you all know it uses more fps etc,i only have a 560 ti graphics card,and as of now im playing dayz and my fps is sooo bad.I know the games badly optimized but friends with lower end pcs are getting gd fps as there useing lower resolutions,is there any way around useing lower resolutions in games with good quality? as most resolutions are all blurry for me :( any help is very much appreciated :)

By lowering the resolution, you get more jagged edges when you look at straight lines in the game. Way around that is to increase the AA (Anti-Aliasing), which has its own performance hit, probably cancelling the FPS boost of lowering the resolution in the first place.
(Actually, check to see if your AA isn't on something like 8 or 16x, its a fairly noticeable performance killer. 4x is plenty at 1080p)

Another solution is to upgrade your graphics card, that way it can drive that higher resolution at a decent FPS.

sunzzofman

Honorable
Jun 10, 2012

yeh good point im running a 560 ti,maybe its not enough? :(

revolution2718

Honorable
Apr 8, 2012
I have a 560ti and it is more than enough to run most modern games at high settings and full 1900x1080 resolution.

I have not played day Z, but i would recommend turning off any MSAA, FXAA, or AA. It is hog and will easily give you more FPS if you are having issues.

TRENDING THREADS