I can't change AMD multiplier :(

G

Greetings all!
I have been reading up on the process of unlocking an AMD cpu, and decided to give it a go. I purchased a conductive pen and set about the task. To my surprise I noticed the L1 bridges on the cpu were already unlocked! I have read that this does occur, however infrequently. My problem is when I go into the bios of my Asus A7A motherboard the multiplier is fixed at 9. It will not let me adjust the multiplier? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Hardware Junkie

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Some motherboards do not allow you to change the multiplier, most of the first amd760 chipset mobos are like this.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

FatBurger

Illustrious
An A7A266 can adjust the multiplier. You might need to adjust a jumper on the board (check the manual), or set it to 'User Define' in the BIOS before adjusting it.

Another option is to manually set the multiplier with the bridges, but that's a pain in the butt :)

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
probabely your CPU isnt unlocked at all!
it seemd somebody had tried to unlock it but failed to. how did you make out it was unlocked? were the bridges worked on?
since the bridges arent shorted, the multiplier in the BIOS is fixed at the default value.

girish

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>