M60 Macro recording

notso

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
Hi there,

I wasn't really sure where on the internet I should ask this question, but I have 100% confidence asking Corsair was not the way to go.

What I want to know is, how can I bind a thumb button on my mouse to press whatever keyboard key I bind the button to for as long as I press the button?

So if I hold down my thumb button for 10 seconds, and it's bound, say, to mimic "M" on my keyboard, then I want it to be as if I was holding "M" for 10 seconds. I use TS3 and I want to have push to talk on my mouse, basically.

So if anybody knows how I can do this with my Corsair, either with their own software or with some 3rd part mouse macro software, that would be fabulous.

Cheers, Notso.

Usually you can just directly bind the button to various functions in whatever games your playing to the mouse buttons. For instance in Natural Selection 2, I rebinded the flashlight to a thumb button to free up the "F" key for my mic. Was as simple as hitting the button when prompted and it automatically detected the input as "Mouse Button 3" or something like that.

Or if you are after actual Macro's, then I imagine the way to do it would be through included Corsair software.

notso

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
The problem I have is that none of the games I play recognize any of the extra buttons on my mouse as actually existing. I have 7 buttons on my mouse, LMB, RMB, MMB, two thumb buttons, and two buttons for sensitivity. However programs don't register the thumb buttons when I press them. Not Teamspeak 3, Battlefield 3, Planetside 2...

So as far as I can tell the only way to get them to bind is by setting up a macro. :( And I don't know how to set up the kind of macro I described in the original post.

I don't know the software you use, but with most mice I've had that were programmable, you first setup a profile for the game, then create macros for the keys you want. You can probably search for a tutorial on that mouse.