Front and center, price war is on.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Pricewatch has 1.4ghz tbirds for 107! YESTERDAY it was 116, the 1.33ghz is 102. AMD has officially started another pricewar offensive!

::feels bad he paid 220 for his 1.33 4 months ago::

But on to my point. How low can intel go, how low WILL they go, and why would you pay 200 bucks(being overly generous) for a 1.8ghz p4 when you can have a 1.4 tbird for 100?

AND on a sub topic, why buy a 1.33ghz tbird when the 1.4 is only 5 bucks more, for an almost GUARENTEED higher overclock.

::jumps in trench and prepares for price war::

PS: kind of pisses me off, that right when the good stuff happens my companu Fujitsu GMD(wafer fab). cuts hours and may have layoffs!

I CANT AFFORD TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS PRICE WAR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Maybe I can cut my monthly expenses......little things, like food....electricity...NO WAIT NEED THAT FOR COMPY...umm...water....rent?

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
LOL! what a cry baby! the reason to pay $100 more for a P4 1.8Ghz is simple!

1. Stability
2. speed
3. piece of mind,
4. thermal protection.
5. SSE2
6. upgradability -->478 northwood

the reason to pay $100 for a tbird is um, cheap speed?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

FatBurger

Illustrious
1. My Tbird system has been way more stable than my parents Dell
2. My Tbird system is way faster at the same price
3. Why would I only want a piece of a mind? Then I'd end up buying Intel
4. My ThermoEngine provides all the thermal protection I need
5. SSE2? The only SSE2 optimized app I use is Tribes 2. I can get 1% better framrates. Woohoo.
6. Upgradeability - I can't believe you actually put that on here. AMD is way more upgradeable than Intel, you should know that.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
1. only if you are a moron who can't update drivers for his mobo.
2. AMD whups the p4 for that for less buddy.
3. Peace of mind moron, not piece. And I am confident in my computer building skills, I have no worries with my system....I guess you just arent up to snuff on that one.
4. Only time someone needs this is if they install their heatsink inproperly...oh im sorry, i forgot I was talking to amdmeltdown the heatsink instilation failure.....ill give this one, cause you, one who wouldnt know how to properly install a heatsink if your life depended on it, really need some good thermal protection.
5. oooh special codes no one uses but benchmark makers and intel, yippee!
6. LOL, the current p4 HAS NO UPGRADABILITY.

as to your last comment, the reason to pay half as much for an amd is to use the savings on other better parts, to make a stronger system for less or the same amount of cash than a p4 system. Learn to use your brain before you post stupid replies troll.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

wwildbh

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
Yawn..... same old, same old.

You really need to get some new material.
Do you really think that Intel is going to stay on top forever? Sorry, It just doesn't work that way. Companies rise and fall. Sooner or later Intel will fall.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That's funny!
Yes, he definitely needs it!!! I, on other hand, want to keep mine.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Solstice

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2001
Alright no one can argue the Whole Price Performance issue here. AMD does win hands down. I will say this My friend has several computers he has built. And 2 days ago he burnt up a 1ghz AMD CPU, he was going to fast and didn't seat the HSF properly, his fault dumb mistake, But it did burn up.

Right now I like AMD but I also know that they are at the very end of the Athlon lifecycle. And I do believe that when AMD comes out with a 2ghz solution Intel will be past 3ghz. The P4 was built to scale. I'll buy a northwood because I dont care about Price/ Performance Clock Per Clock
I care about what is the fastest.

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Can you reply to anyone without being hostile? Not that i agree with Meltdown. But honestly, be civil. Telling people to "learn to use your brain before you post stupid replies troll" does nothing to enhance ur posts.

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games

FatBurger

Illustrious
I care about what is the fastest.

So 3GHz is automatically faster than 2GHz? If you say yes, then Intel's marketing department deserves it's pay.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

wolverinero79

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2001
Mmmhmm, good points all around. Although i doubt the AMD vs Intel Ghz race prediction. AMD in the past always gets information/design ideas from Intel so they don't stay that far behind. I mean, in the AMD chips right before Intel released coppermine, AMD had what was it? 2 layers that were exactly the same as Intel (the companies shared tools for goodness sakes). Intel researches and AMD profits from it. Intel profits too because they are first to market and they make money from selling information/liscenses to AMD. I myself care what is fastest and i am sure AMD will release a faster chip than the current Intel speed King chip (yes the fastest P4 is faster overall, go away AMD trolls). But then Intel will go back on top. Give and take give and take, it's a race with no end -- well until the companies hit the limits of laser technology, heh heh :)

Althons and Pentiums are just melted rock. Who’s rock is better? Who cares, let’s play some games

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I do not have to be, and will never be, civil to trolls like amdmeltdown, who called me a crybaby first mind you.

And prove the p4 is the speed king right now if you will.

~Matisaro~
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>Peace of mind moron, not piece.

piece of mind? LOL! maybe it should've been elfs, LOL!

>LOL, the current p4 HAS NO UPGRADABILITY

a socket 478 mobo will take the newer P4 1.8GHz(478 pins)

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AmDmElTdOwN on 08/20/01 08:31 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>Yeah, you need that desparately! Any piece will do!

hehe, oh nooooooo, I lost a peace of my mind!, LOL!

Edison

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001
Say it ain't so! If I had just waited another two weeks. Yeouch! There goes another arrow. Oh well, it was still cheaper than my 850. <g>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>Re: Front and center, price war is on.

and a AMD users battle cry is: HELP ME PLEASE! f**k'n LOL!