Sign in with
Your question

Why amd cpu's are so fast.

Last response: in CPUs
August 20, 2001 8:40:00 PM

The little elfs they use to make the processors go are getting faster, what I mean is, everytime they make a processor, they catch the elfs, 1 elf is 1 megahertz generally(tho some are lazy!) by now, all the slow elfs have been caught(because theyre slow) and put in the slower first gen athlon chips,now every chip amd churns out is chock full of the faster more gooder elfs!

When you overclock a chip, you apply electricty to the elfs making them run around in pain, much faster(like the cat in the movie cats eye...the one about the cat) however, this can lead to their dying....poor elfs. The only worser way for the elfs to die is when amdmeltdork tries to apply the heatsink to their home(the core) poor little squished elfs!

Amd's athlon 4 processors will have genetically enhanced elfs in it, which will be very gooder.

(the above post was done totaly in jest, I do not use the term gooder, more better, etc in real life.)

no elfs were harmed in the making of this post asides from the ones amdmeltdork cooked this morning.

(i origionally posted this as a reply in the overclocking thread, but a freidn said it was hella funny and he said he would post it here if I didn't)

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

More about : amd cpu fast

August 20, 2001 8:55:38 PM

elfs? don't you mean elves? or in this case *trolls*? and if it is elves, then Jerry Sanders is the biggest one of them all!(spiteful s.o.b)

go away elf! LOL!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
August 21, 2001 1:39:51 AM

LOL how much weed have u been smokin?

did u ever see my post a while ago about why P4's perform less optimally?

"you have these little cute elves see... and the p4 die is much bigger to begin with. so they have to go further to do the same thing. and then there is netburst, the elf equivalent of a nike sweatshop. so the poor little elves are whipped and beaten, achieving very high speeds, but because they are punished and malnourished they do far less productive work."

the major exception to this is video compiling. that way they cheat and all just get on the rambus rather than doing real work."

hehehee

I'll respect your comments & opinions, even if i disagree with them, Provided you dispay maturity.
Related resources
August 21, 2001 2:01:17 AM

i propose we begin an initiative for federal funding to geneticly engineer faster and more productive elves.

**these two: :mad:  :mad:  want you to <b>CHANGE THE SIG OF THE WEEK!!</b> :mad:  :mad: 
August 21, 2001 9:30:19 PM

Because the Meltdown like hell;)
August 21, 2001 9:49:59 PM

Notify me when you find Elvis in your cpu.
!