The keyboard on my acer laptop is not working

Hello,my acer aspire one d255 just decided not to work today. the keyboard is not working at all. I can not type in my password to log into my account.
Pleas what do I do
6 answers Last reply
More about keyboard acer laptop working
  1. Turn if off and on, try again. If that does not work, try hitting one of the keys to go to the BIOS setup, see if they keys work in there. If not, you need to reseat the keyboard connections to the motherboard. If they do, start the system in Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly after turning it on) and see if the keyboard works there. If yes, uninstall the HID devices (should be a keyboard and mouse) from device manager, reboot, wait about 10 minutes after Windows starts fully and try again.
  2. My acer laptop is block, my touchpad and my keyboard don't work. can you help me please?
  3. Download and Install Keyboard Fixer freeware. It can fix this problem.
  4. LollyCorn said:
    Download and Install Keyboard Fixer freeware. It can fix this problem.
    as a 7 years experimented technician, I come to conclusion that Acer is one of the worst computer brand... The best way to fix the problems of keyboard not working is to factory reset the computer, but it will be temporary because the same problem will surface again after a period of times... the problem is in the board, so Acer needs to address the problem and make a change to the way the manufacture their computer board.
  5. prettypink005 said:
    Hello,my acer aspire one d255 just decided not to work today. the keyboard is not working at all. I can not type in my password to log into my account.
    Pleas what do I do


    Anonymous said:
    My acer laptop is block, my touchpad and my keyboard don't work. can you help me please?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Acer Keyboards Windows 7