The keyboard on my acer laptop is not working

prettypink005

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Hello,my acer aspire one d255 just decided not to work today. the keyboard is not working at all. I can not type in my password to log into my account.
Pleas what do I do

Turn if off and on, try again. If that does not work, try hitting one of the keys to go to the BIOS setup, see if they keys work in there. If not, you need to reseat the keyboard connections to the motherboard. If they do, start the system in Safe Mode (hit F8 repeatedly after turning it on) and see if the keyboard works there. If yes, uninstall the HID devices (should be a keyboard and mouse) from device manager, reboot, wait about 10 minutes after Windows starts fully and try again.

Dytech

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
as a 7 years experimented technician, I come to conclusion that Acer is one of the worst computer brand... The best way to fix the problems of keyboard not working is to factory reset the computer, but it will be temporary because the same problem will surface again after a period of times... the problem is in the board, so Acer needs to address the problem and make a change to the way the manufacture their computer board.

Samuel Taiwo

Reputable
Nov 20, 2014