1GHz Morgan Duron has been released!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Finally, the long anticipated 1GHz Morgan Duron processor has been released by AMD. This 1GHz Duron sports hardware data-prefetch and SSE which will make this Duron perform about equally to a 1GHz Athlon T-bird for less! Now that's cool!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
Except for the lack of cache. But the other two things you mentioned will help.

<font color=blue>Quarter pounder inside</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Change the Sig of the Week!!!</font color=red>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Unfortunately, the 1GHz Morgan Duron is still beat by the 200MHz bus 1GHz Athlon T-Bird according to Tom's Hardware. Too bad!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeup, like I said. Lack of cache.

Is Intel listening to this?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well, Tom's test was incomplete. He didn't try raising the bus speed to 266MHz and/or using DDR RAM. Data pre-fetch would be greatly enhanced with DDR RAM.

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
those P3 scores looked good on those benchmarks. Maybe the Next Celeron will have 256k instead 128k.

Nice Intel and AMD users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Not really, Tom's Hardware compared them to 200MHz bus Athlons with SDR instead of the 266MHz bus Athlons with DDR which are up to 20% faster.

FatBurger

Illustrious
True, but the DDR and 266 bus still wouldn't have made up the whole difference. Would've helped, but not made the difference.

And Tully's are really good, don't try to say otherwise.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I'm not... Intel should've called the tullies the "Pentium 4" and raised it's clock speed to 1.5GHz or so. It can handle that 'cause it's on a .13 micron process that requires less power and produces less heat. If there was a tully running at 1.5GHz then I would've gotten it instead of an Athlon.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
Except all the new feature come from intel.

Morgan was quite amazing he what 5% slower that a t-bird.I wonder if memory can have something to do in to this.

In the others hand.PAL core 256 L2 cache will have the same % of increase in performance. Around 5% does that will be satisfie the gap in P4.I think of no.Willimete 2.0 ghz will be faster or equal to PAL.

FatBurger

Illustrious
What are you talking about? Palamino having the same % performance increase as Morgan? They aren't the exact same core, although very similar. You can't automatically assume that Palamino will have the same performance increase.