Tags:
  • CRT Monitors
  • Drivers
  • Resolution
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
February 26, 2013 5:33:56 AM

Hello Guyz.

I am having a resolution problem. It seems that i cant increase my resolution. Only option to increase my resolution is:-

800 x 600
1024 x 768

My monitor is Dell E773s and i cant seem to find any drivers for it and when i automatically update it, it says that my drivers are Up-to-date. Also showing that its a Generic Pnp driver on Device Manager .I tried looking at forums but nothing seems to solve this problem.

I was able to increase my resolution before but i think maybe updating the Graphic drivers has caused this problem. And also reinstalled my windows and still was unable to solve this problem.

PC Specs:-
Processor: i3 530 2.93 GHz
Motherboard: Intel Dh55tc
Graphic: Integrated Graphics (Updated it Automatically)
Monitor : Dell E773s

So Should i update my bios or such to solve this problem? Any Help would be great. Thanks

More about : resolution problem

February 28, 2013 5:01:15 AM

Sorry to keep Bothering you people with my stupid questions:p ... Its cause im kinda buying a 200$ graphic card for my computer so wanted to know whether im making the right choice. If i'm unable to fix these problem then theres no point on buying a graphic card.

Because if theres a problem with my motherboard or processor, then i need to remake a new pc, if these arent the cause of the problem then im able to buy the graphic card. :p 
Score

Best solution

a b \ Driver
February 28, 2013 1:33:22 PM

What refresh rate you are running? It will only go higher than 1024 if it's at 60hz.

I'd replace the monitor anyway.
Related resources
February 28, 2013 2:09:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, the refresh rate is set to 60hz, True color 32 bit and still doesnt solve the problem. i've been looking on forums and Google for 2 or 3 days, getting really frustrated :p . Most of them said the drivers need to be updated which all of my drivers are up to date. So basically my only option is that my friend is bringing his monitor in 2 or 3 days and ill get it checked and find out whether if its an issue of my monitor or is it something else :) 
Score
March 1, 2013 2:03:47 PM

I just checked on my friends samsung LED 22'' monitor and found out that my monitor Dell e77s is the problems :D . Could increase my resolution till 1600 x 900. Well i need to replace my monitor, Atleast i know what the problem is :p , Thanks for the help Hang-the-9. :) 
Score
March 1, 2013 2:04:01 PM

Best answer selected by Possessive.
Score