Having trouble with a clean install

flamediger

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
So I recently built my first computer, and I was so excited it was going great, I installed all my drivers, and downloaded some of the software, steam, itunes etc. Anyway I will try to break this down to make this easier to follow
-I stepped away while it was downloading LoL
-I came back to see a screen saying Windows could not repair this computer automatically
-I performed some of the options, reverting to an earlier state, and even using the repair tool on windows itself
-I then attempted to reinstall windows entirely, and I would just move some key files over from the Windows.old file
-Instead my computer asked me to select which windows I wanted to run, after trying them both neither worked
-after surfing the internet I didn't find a lot of help, so I used the command prompt to clear my hard drive, I had figured I would just have to reinstall a few drivers and download some stuff no big deal
-but instead my computer still prompts me to select one of two windows to run, again neither working
-now installing off of the disk doesn't even finish

All I want is to start fresh any thoughts on clearing the two useless OS?

Solution
Boot from the windows dvd. At the point, where you have to choose the disk to install to, press the "extended disk options". You will get a list of partitons on your disk. Delete them all and select the now unallocated space for the installation. That will kill the old installations.
You can manually choose the partition to install Windows 7 - and then delete the current partitions and allow Windows to use the full drive. This wipes the current drive and installs Windows 7 as a new install.

It looks like something corrupted in Windows - either through a virus, malware or a file was corrupted. If there is no important data on the drive - I would wipe it and start completely new.

Boot from the windows dvd. At the point, where you have to choose the disk to install to, press the "extended disk options". You will get a list of partitons on your disk. Delete them all and select the now unallocated space for the installation. That will kill the old installations.

Solution

flamediger

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

did what you said but now i get an error saying windows cannot install required files

amarcz

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Boot your window with a window dvd....window could use 30GB to run, delete all unallocated space while boot. Then, format system file(local disk c), until that, you click until complete your boot