Dual booting windows 7/xp,how do i do it?

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
I am gonna keep my current drive for xp , however i have ordered another hard drive and 4 ore gigs or memory for windows 7 64bit. Problem is i dont know what to do, i once used 98se,and xp on diferent drives and when the computer started it gave me the option to start in one or the other, so i want to do that again, so i wont have to run a second tower, anyone know how i can do this?

prelude2250

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
I have Xp pro installed at work. I have a second drive attached where I installed windows 7. without doing anything I now have the option right after bios screen to boot "windows 7" or "older windows version". So you shouldn't have to do anything. Windows does it for you. I actually ran into the issue where it still does that even after I removed the windows 7 drive. I guess its written into my windows xp drive to give dual boot option.

leon2006

Distinguished
Windows 7 has an XP mode run XP 32 bit application.

Use acronis disk director to manage multiple OS on one or multiple drives. It has an OS selector that puts up an menu to allow you to select which OS do you want use.

No bios change no disconnecting of drives during installation of another OS. I have a multi-OS environment Windows Vista Ultimate-64 and Ubunto(Linux). I can create another partition in case i wish to install XP without bios change or disconnecting my drives.

Its $39 or $9.00 after mail in rebate.