HTPC running 32bit and using wmc- advice for settings

Hello
Need advice for Windows 7 32bit settings to optimize for running WMC.
I just completed my first htpc build with help from this site and I'm looking for advice on optimizing Windows 7 settings for using WMC to stream media, music, dvr, basic media use.

Thanks again for any/all replies.
6 answers Last reply
More about htpc running 32bit advice settings
  1. The best resource is Assassin's HTPC blog. He has free guides, and paid ones for the more advanced setup options.

http://assassinhtpcblog.com/?page_id=39
  2. robistro said:
    Hello
    Need advice for Windows 7 32bit settings to optimize for running WMC.
    I just completed my first htpc build with help from this site and I'm looking for advice on optimizing Windows 7 settings for using WMC to stream media, music, dvr, basic media use.

Thanks again for any/all replies.

My advice - bin WMC and use XBMC - far better HTPC system IMHO
  3. Quote:
    My advice - bin WMC and use XBMC - far better HTPC system IMHO

Yeah, I like XBMC, but I want dvr capabilities, and from what information I've read WMC is the way to go and XBMC doesnt support......yet that I'm aware of.

I have the Silicondust hdprime tuner-from everything I've learned it runs great with WMC.

Thanks for the suggestion. If anyone else has some advice, please chime in....
  4. rwpritchett said:
    The best resource is Assassin's HTPC blog. He has free guides, and paid ones for the more advanced setup options.

http://assassinhtpcblog.com/?page_id=39

Thanks rw, there is a 'little' info on this site isnt there... :)
  5. XBMC just added PVR support this week with the release of Frodo. I haven't tried it yet, so YMMV.
  6. rwpritchett said:
    XBMC just added PVR support this week with the release of Frodo. I haven't tried it yet, so YMMV.

:o I was unaware....please let me know how it works out for you.
    I'll have to find some info about it. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7