Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Reinstalling issues

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Boot
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
Share
January 29, 2013 4:53:12 PM

Hello, I am attempting to reinstall windows with files burned from an .iso onto a blank disc but when I press f12 then go into CD-ROM it goes to the next screen and says

'Loading Operating System...
Boot from CD/DVD..'

Then it will boot normally

More about : reinstalling issues

a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 4:58:32 PM

Hello... What is your issue? you need a DVD player because the ISO file size is larger than can be put on a CD.
January 29, 2013 5:00:33 PM

Ironsounds said:
Hello... What is your issue? you need a DVD player because the ISO file size is larger than can be put on a CD.



The files on the disc only add up to 3.1gb whereas the DVD-R is 4gb, the problem is with the bios not booting from the disc
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 5:09:28 PM

Hello... well... you have to have a BOOTable DVD... an extra step needed to make that ISO file readable/installable... you could make a BOOTable USB drive with the ISO files, to determine if your Disk is a bad burn, much faster install times... and re-useable.

Did you make the DVD yourself?... have you set the proper BOOT order in your BIO's?
January 29, 2013 5:14:56 PM

Ironsounds said:
Hello... well... you have to have a BOOTable DVD... an extra step needed to make that ISO file readable/installable... you could make a BOOTable USB drive with the ISO files, to determine if your Disk is a bad burn, much faster install times... and re-useable.

Did you make the DVD yourself?... have you set the proper BOOT order in your BIO's?


I can't make a BOOTable usb drive because the issue i have with windows is stopping me from installing programs which is why i am trying to reinstall, Yes i did burn the DVD myself and by boot order do you mean by pressing ctrl alt del and setting it highest priority or by pressing f12 and selecting CD-ROM? because i am doing the f12 method
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 5:20:48 PM

Hello... Do you have a legal copy of Windows? and which version are you using? and which version are you trying to install? what are the Specs of the computer you are trying to load on?

Like I said you either have a non-bootable burn... A bad bootable burn... a failing DVD reader/burner... a hardware problem, like a bad/non-communicating hardrive to install Windows too... make a new USB one on a friends computer? http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-of...

The Bootable ISO software TOOl. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage...
January 29, 2013 5:37:45 PM

Ironsounds said:
Hello... Do you have a legal copy of Windows? and which version are you using? and which version are you trying to install? what are the Specs of the computer you are trying to load on?

Like I said you either have a non-bootable burn... A bad bootable burn... a failing DVD reader/burner... a hardware problem, like a bad/non-communicating hardrive to install Windows too... make a new USB one on a friends computer? http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-of...

The Bootable ISO software TOOl. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage...


I do have an authentic version of Win7 home premium, Which is the version i am trying to install, The motherboard of the computer is a GIGABYTE Z68X-UD3P-B3
and i have 8gb of ram
a b $ Windows 7
January 29, 2013 5:50:12 PM

hello... did you use the Microsoft ISO software tool to make your BOOTable DVD? I suggest using a USB stick to determine if your DVD reader is the problem... you will have to set your SATA port to IDE... if it is set to ACHI or RAID, then you must provide a ACHI or RAID driver before windows will install on your hardrive, IDE requires no pre-installed driver.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...

Download the manual for printable help on installing the SATA ACHI/RAID pre-install drivers. http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3...

64 bit Windows or 32 bit?
January 29, 2013 5:55:12 PM

Ironsounds said:
hello... did you use the Microsoft ISO software tool to make your BOOTable DVD? I suggest using a USB stick to determine if your DVD reader is the problem... you will have to set your SATA port to IDE... if it is set to ACHI or RAID, then you must provide a ACHI or RAID driver before windows will install on your hardrive, IDE requires no pre-installed driver.

64 bit Windows or 32 bit?


64bit, and i used NERO for the burning as the microsoft program cannot install, i will use a USB stick later today as i will install the program on a friends computer as you suggested
!